Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It happened perhaps a year later than LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh envisioned when they joined forces in Miami in the summer of 2010, but the Heat won their first championship with this superstar core last season. To the winners go the spoils, and in the NBA, that means receiving gaudy, diamond-encrusted, and all-around awesome championship rings.
We bring you the complete ring ceremony in the video above (via @jose3030), and honestly, it was pretty pedestrian: the players were introduced, walked up to get the obligatory handshake from David Stern, received their respective rings, and that was that.
The best moment was when the Heat’s championship banner was beginning to be raised, and LeBron James could be seeing removing the ring from its case (at about the 10:25 mark), and marveling at the representation of his first title which he worked so hard to earn. That’s the genuine emotion fans look to see from the athletes they cheer for and adore, and James couldn’t hide his satisfaction as the pre-game ceremony came to a close.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2