Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It happened perhaps a year later than LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh envisioned when they joined forces in Miami in the summer of 2010, but the Heat won their first championship with this superstar core last season. To the winners go the spoils, and in the NBA, that means receiving gaudy, diamond-encrusted, and all-around awesome championship rings.
We bring you the complete ring ceremony in the video above (via @jose3030), and honestly, it was pretty pedestrian: the players were introduced, walked up to get the obligatory handshake from David Stern, received their respective rings, and that was that.
The best moment was when the Heat’s championship banner was beginning to be raised, and LeBron James could be seeing removing the ring from its case (at about the 10:25 mark), and marveling at the representation of his first title which he worked so hard to earn. That’s the genuine emotion fans look to see from the athletes they cheer for and adore, and James couldn’t hide his satisfaction as the pre-game ceremony came to a close.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4