Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It happened perhaps a year later than LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh envisioned when they joined forces in Miami in the summer of 2010, but the Heat won their first championship with this superstar core last season. To the winners go the spoils, and in the NBA, that means receiving gaudy, diamond-encrusted, and all-around awesome championship rings.
We bring you the complete ring ceremony in the video above (via @jose3030), and honestly, it was pretty pedestrian: the players were introduced, walked up to get the obligatory handshake from David Stern, received their respective rings, and that was that.
The best moment was when the Heat’s championship banner was beginning to be raised, and LeBron James could be seeing removing the ring from its case (at about the 10:25 mark), and marveling at the representation of his first title which he worked so hard to earn. That’s the genuine emotion fans look to see from the athletes they cheer for and adore, and James couldn’t hide his satisfaction as the pre-game ceremony came to a close.
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 17
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9
- PBT Extra: Clash of styles favors Warriors over Grizzlies 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Golden State Warriors vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3