Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It happened perhaps a year later than LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh envisioned when they joined forces in Miami in the summer of 2010, but the Heat won their first championship with this superstar core last season. To the winners go the spoils, and in the NBA, that means receiving gaudy, diamond-encrusted, and all-around awesome championship rings.
We bring you the complete ring ceremony in the video above (via @jose3030), and honestly, it was pretty pedestrian: the players were introduced, walked up to get the obligatory handshake from David Stern, received their respective rings, and that was that.
The best moment was when the Heat’s championship banner was beginning to be raised, and LeBron James could be seeing removing the ring from its case (at about the 10:25 mark), and marveling at the representation of his first title which he worked so hard to earn. That’s the genuine emotion fans look to see from the athletes they cheer for and adore, and James couldn’t hide his satisfaction as the pre-game ceremony came to a close.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31