Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It happened perhaps a year later than LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh envisioned when they joined forces in Miami in the summer of 2010, but the Heat won their first championship with this superstar core last season. To the winners go the spoils, and in the NBA, that means receiving gaudy, diamond-encrusted, and all-around awesome championship rings.
We bring you the complete ring ceremony in the video above (via @jose3030), and honestly, it was pretty pedestrian: the players were introduced, walked up to get the obligatory handshake from David Stern, received their respective rings, and that was that.
The best moment was when the Heat’s championship banner was beginning to be raised, and LeBron James could be seeing removing the ring from its case (at about the 10:25 mark), and marveling at the representation of his first title which he worked so hard to earn. That’s the genuine emotion fans look to see from the athletes they cheer for and adore, and James couldn’t hide his satisfaction as the pre-game ceremony came to a close.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19