Oct 30, 2012, 9:20 AM EST
Mike Brown did it in six words: “Kobe is a game time decision.”
Kobe Bryant used a lot more words to say the same thing. And staying true to his younger generation (compared to Brown) he just posted how he is doing and feels on Facebook rather than bothering with a conversation.
Getting stronger. Not sure what it means for tomorrow night just yet but it’s much better than it was a week ago when I could barely walk. I hate not practicing. It drives me crazy! The training staff has been great. Mr. Laker, Gary Vitti, and the great Judy Seto (the first female trainer in the NBA) have been working their magic.
I will know more after shoot around tomorrow am. It’s still painful to raise up on my toes but, it’s strong. The decision to be made is whether the injury can heal while playing on it or if it will make it worse. Either way, I’m excited about the start of the season. Hopefully we can win a game or two finally ;-)
I’m just going to ignore the “Mamba out” thing. Because we’ve all posted stuff on Facebook that made us look back and wince.
However, the whole “it’s painful to raise up” issue we will talk about because it is not exactly conducive to playing basketball, which as I recall involves a lot of raising up and jumping. If it were most players I would say they would be out the Lakers season-opening back-to-back at least. But this is Kobe, he plays through everything, broken fingers and aching knees and whatever else you dream up. If his playing isn’t going to aggravate the injury and it’s just a matter of pain tolerance, he’ll be out there. Because he’s Kobe.
But we’ll see. Whatever his status is we won’t learn about it first on Facebook. No, it will be twitter.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1