Oct 30, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT
Mike Brown did it in six words: “Kobe is a game time decision.”
Kobe Bryant used a lot more words to say the same thing. And staying true to his younger generation (compared to Brown) he just posted how he is doing and feels on Facebook rather than bothering with a conversation.
Getting stronger. Not sure what it means for tomorrow night just yet but it’s much better than it was a week ago when I could barely walk. I hate not practicing. It drives me crazy! The training staff has been great. Mr. Laker, Gary Vitti, and the great Judy Seto (the first female trainer in the NBA) have been working their magic.
I will know more after shoot around tomorrow am. It’s still painful to raise up on my toes but, it’s strong. The decision to be made is whether the injury can heal while playing on it or if it will make it worse. Either way, I’m excited about the start of the season. Hopefully we can win a game or two finally ;-)
I’m just going to ignore the “Mamba out” thing. Because we’ve all posted stuff on Facebook that made us look back and wince.
However, the whole “it’s painful to raise up” issue we will talk about because it is not exactly conducive to playing basketball, which as I recall involves a lot of raising up and jumping. If it were most players I would say they would be out the Lakers season-opening back-to-back at least. But this is Kobe, he plays through everything, broken fingers and aching knees and whatever else you dream up. If his playing isn’t going to aggravate the injury and it’s just a matter of pain tolerance, he’ll be out there. Because he’s Kobe.
But we’ll see. Whatever his status is we won’t learn about it first on Facebook. No, it will be twitter.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6