Kobe updates status on Facebook to say he doesn’t know if he’ll play Tuesday

Oct 30, 2012, 9:20 AM EDT

Golden State Warriors v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

Mike Brown did it in six words: “Kobe is a game time decision.”

Kobe Bryant used a lot more words to say the same thing. And staying true to his younger generation (compared to Brown) he just posted how he is doing and feels on Facebook rather than bothering with a conversation.

Getting stronger. Not sure what it means for tomorrow night just yet but it’s much better than it was a week ago when I could barely walk. I hate not practicing. It drives me crazy! The training staff has been great. Mr. Laker, Gary Vitti, and the great Judy Seto (the first female trainer in the NBA) have been working their magic.

I will know more after shoot around tomorrow am. It’s still painful to raise up on my toes but, it’s strong. The decision to be made is whether the injury can heal while playing on it or if it will make it worse. Either way, I’m excited about the start of the season. Hopefully we can win a game or two finally ;-)
Till tomorrow..
Mamba out

I’m just going to ignore the “Mamba out” thing. Because we’ve all posted stuff on Facebook that made us look back and wince.

However, the whole “it’s painful to raise up” issue we will talk about because it is not exactly conducive to playing basketball, which as I recall involves a lot of raising up and jumping. If it were most players I would say they would be out the Lakers season-opening back-to-back at least. But this is Kobe, he plays through everything, broken fingers and aching knees and whatever else you dream up. If his playing isn’t going to aggravate the injury and it’s just a matter of pain tolerance, he’ll be out there. Because he’s Kobe.

But we’ll see. Whatever his status is we won’t learn about it first on Facebook. No, it will be twitter.

1. xrateplaya - Oct 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Playa out!

2. larrybrown43 - Oct 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Who cares. They’re 81 other meaningless games ahead.

• teehov843 - Oct 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM

LOL!! If it’s so meaningless then why did you click to read this article Mr. Laker Hater?!!

• GymAlien - Oct 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM

They won’t be so meaningless if they go into the playoffs with home court advantage in every series.

3. lakerluver - Oct 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM

He’s going to play…and play well!!
    Mamba out!!

• skids003 - Oct 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Judy Seto has worked magic on the Black Mamba. Something about that gives me the heaves.

4. aqzi - Oct 30, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I hope one day there is a headline about my facebook status…

‘Aqzi updates Facebook to say he feels hungry’

5. jerdogthompson - Oct 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Lisfranc fracture. Count on it.

6. misterdreamer119 - Oct 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Attention hoe. Hes playing no doubt. Especially if Bron goes off.

7. GymAlien - Oct 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM

“Mamba out” works for me…you can suck it. I want Kobe in every game Cause I can feel the Clippers looking over their shoulder already.
    BTW Fesenko on the Lakers would work for me.

GymAlien said so!

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches