Oct 30, 2012, 8:26 PM EST
The wait is over.
The Lakers will debut their super-team at full strength later this evening, when Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, and Metta World Peace will all be in the starting lineup when the team takes the floor at home against the Dallas Mavericks.
Bryant missed his team’s final two preseason games and a week of practices due to a foot injury, but updated his Facebook page just after 5PM Pacific to let us all know he’s ready to go.
Feeling good enough to play tonight! I’ll use my strong midsoles for added cushion on the foot for more protection.
Looking forward to this journey as I’m sure you are.
It’s Go Time.
We’ll see if Kobe is his usual self, and we’ll be watching to see if the foot appears to be giving him any trouble. On a team with so many weapons, he shouldn’t feel the need to press if the injury is at all bothering him, but we know Bryant’s history and if it’s taught us anything, it’s that he’s only capable of playing at a level of maximum speed and intensity.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 4
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 7
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31