Oct 30, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
The wait is over.
The Lakers will debut their super-team at full strength later this evening, when Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, and Metta World Peace will all be in the starting lineup when the team takes the floor at home against the Dallas Mavericks.
Bryant missed his team’s final two preseason games and a week of practices due to a foot injury, but updated his Facebook page just after 5PM Pacific to let us all know he’s ready to go.
Feeling good enough to play tonight! I’ll use my strong midsoles for added cushion on the foot for more protection.
Looking forward to this journey as I’m sure you are.
It’s Go Time.
We’ll see if Kobe is his usual self, and we’ll be watching to see if the foot appears to be giving him any trouble. On a team with so many weapons, he shouldn’t feel the need to press if the injury is at all bothering him, but we know Bryant’s history and if it’s taught us anything, it’s that he’s only capable of playing at a level of maximum speed and intensity.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15