Oct 30, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
The wait is over.
The Lakers will debut their super-team at full strength later this evening, when Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, and Metta World Peace will all be in the starting lineup when the team takes the floor at home against the Dallas Mavericks.
Bryant missed his team’s final two preseason games and a week of practices due to a foot injury, but updated his Facebook page just after 5PM Pacific to let us all know he’s ready to go.
Feeling good enough to play tonight! I’ll use my strong midsoles for added cushion on the foot for more protection.
Looking forward to this journey as I’m sure you are.
It’s Go Time.
We’ll see if Kobe is his usual self, and we’ll be watching to see if the foot appears to be giving him any trouble. On a team with so many weapons, he shouldn’t feel the need to press if the injury is at all bothering him, but we know Bryant’s history and if it’s taught us anything, it’s that he’s only capable of playing at a level of maximum speed and intensity.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4