Kobe says he’ll play opening night against Dallas

Oct 30, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT

Kobe Bryant AP

The wait is over.

The Lakers will debut their super-team at full strength later this evening, when Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, and Metta World Peace will all be in the starting lineup when the team takes the floor at home against the Dallas Mavericks.

Bryant missed his team’s final two preseason games and a week of practices due to a foot injury, but updated his Facebook page just after 5PM Pacific to let us all know he’s ready to go.

Feeling good enough to play tonight! I’ll use my strong midsoles for added cushion on the foot for more protection.
Looking forward to this journey as I’m sure you are.
It’s Go Time.
Mamba out

We’ll see if Kobe is his usual self, and we’ll be watching to see if the foot appears to be giving him any trouble. On a team with so many weapons, he shouldn’t feel the need to press if the injury is at all bothering him, but we know Bryant’s history and if it’s taught us anything, it’s that he’s only capable of playing at a level of maximum speed and intensity.

1. lakerluver - Oct 30, 2012 at 8:32 PM

If Kobe’s foot had been amputated he would hop out on the court on one leg and drop 20!!

2. 00maltliquor - Oct 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM

AHHHH I’M SO F***ING EXCITED!!!!!! NBA season is HERE!!! This is gonna be an all time epic year!

3. imthedudedude - Oct 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Wow I’m shocked, didn’t see this coming. Good thing we had this to talk about for the past week too cause I was wondering the whole time.

4. paulhargis53 - Oct 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Too bad its going to end in epic disappointment for you AMD toy Lakers yet again.

5. readysethike - Oct 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM

its weird to read kobe posts from his facebook…to me seemed like the type that wasnt into social media

6. cgoose24 - Oct 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Miamiheatsession.com for heat fans

7. eventhorizon04 - Oct 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Where is that commenter who said “You all shouldn’t be surprised if it turns out that Kobe secretly has a season-ending Lisfranc injury?”

That was funny.

8. jerdogthompson - Oct 31, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Lisfranc fractures occur over time most likely. The first shot was against the Kings. It will arrive soon. I hope not but I fear the worst.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches