Oct 30, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
Did you really expect otherwise?
Kobe Bryant went through the Lakers shootaround Tuesday morning in advance of the Lakers season opener against the Dallas Mavericks and came out of it saying he was able to do everything and expects to play.
My man Beto Duran of ESPN Radio in LA summed it up best in this tweet:
Kobe saya 85% sure he plays. Has to see how foot reacts after shootaround “did lot of running this morning”
— Beto Duran (@DuranSports) October 30, 2012
Again, what did you expect? This is Kobe Bryant. He plays through broken fingers, bad knees and pretty much the tribulations thrown at Job.
Kobe injured his foot more than a week ago during an exhibition with the Kings and was shut down from practice and games for the rest of the preseason. He said on Facebook Monday that while it hurt the only concern was to make sure it was healing despite the pounding of running around and playing.
Apparently he got through shootaround okay and is ready to go.
The Lakers open the season with a back-to-back so it’s worth watching to see if he is good to go Wednesday night in Portland after a full game. Also watch to see if Mike Brown keeps his minutes in check.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 16
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 26
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 34
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 32