Oct 30, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
Did you really expect otherwise?
Kobe Bryant went through the Lakers shootaround Tuesday morning in advance of the Lakers season opener against the Dallas Mavericks and came out of it saying he was able to do everything and expects to play.
My man Beto Duran of ESPN Radio in LA summed it up best in this tweet:
Kobe saya 85% sure he plays. Has to see how foot reacts after shootaround “did lot of running this morning”
— Beto Duran (@DuranSports) October 30, 2012
Again, what did you expect? This is Kobe Bryant. He plays through broken fingers, bad knees and pretty much the tribulations thrown at Job.
Kobe injured his foot more than a week ago during an exhibition with the Kings and was shut down from practice and games for the rest of the preseason. He said on Facebook Monday that while it hurt the only concern was to make sure it was healing despite the pounding of running around and playing.
Apparently he got through shootaround okay and is ready to go.
The Lakers open the season with a back-to-back so it’s worth watching to see if he is good to go Wednesday night in Portland after a full game. Also watch to see if Mike Brown keeps his minutes in check.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34