Oct 30, 2012, 2:40 PM EST
Did you really expect otherwise?
Kobe Bryant went through the Lakers shootaround Tuesday morning in advance of the Lakers season opener against the Dallas Mavericks and came out of it saying he was able to do everything and expects to play.
My man Beto Duran of ESPN Radio in LA summed it up best in this tweet:
Kobe saya 85% sure he plays. Has to see how foot reacts after shootaround “did lot of running this morning”
— Beto Duran (@DuranSports) October 30, 2012
Again, what did you expect? This is Kobe Bryant. He plays through broken fingers, bad knees and pretty much the tribulations thrown at Job.
Kobe injured his foot more than a week ago during an exhibition with the Kings and was shut down from practice and games for the rest of the preseason. He said on Facebook Monday that while it hurt the only concern was to make sure it was healing despite the pounding of running around and playing.
Apparently he got through shootaround okay and is ready to go.
The Lakers open the season with a back-to-back so it’s worth watching to see if he is good to go Wednesday night in Portland after a full game. Also watch to see if Mike Brown keeps his minutes in check.
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 0
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5