Oct 30, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
Did you really expect otherwise?
Kobe Bryant went through the Lakers shootaround Tuesday morning in advance of the Lakers season opener against the Dallas Mavericks and came out of it saying he was able to do everything and expects to play.
My man Beto Duran of ESPN Radio in LA summed it up best in this tweet:
Kobe saya 85% sure he plays. Has to see how foot reacts after shootaround “did lot of running this morning”
— Beto Duran (@DuranSports) October 30, 2012
Again, what did you expect? This is Kobe Bryant. He plays through broken fingers, bad knees and pretty much the tribulations thrown at Job.
Kobe injured his foot more than a week ago during an exhibition with the Kings and was shut down from practice and games for the rest of the preseason. He said on Facebook Monday that while it hurt the only concern was to make sure it was healing despite the pounding of running around and playing.
Apparently he got through shootaround okay and is ready to go.
The Lakers open the season with a back-to-back so it’s worth watching to see if he is good to go Wednesday night in Portland after a full game. Also watch to see if Mike Brown keeps his minutes in check.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 0
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 29
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 5
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2