Oct 30, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
As we broke down in our season preview, how this year turns out for the Warriors is perhaps more dependent on the health of the team’s stars than anything else. Now technically, that could be said about every team in the league — except with the history of injuries suffered by Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut, they have more to prove there than stars with a history of durability.
So it is good news then, that Bogut has now gone through full practices with the team in consecutive days. And head coach Mark Jackson is now feeling better about the chance of having his new big man in the starting lineup for the season opener in Phoenix on Wednesday.
“He responded well. Now it’s about getting treatment. We’ll play (Wednesday) by ear,” Jackson said. “He did exactly what we needed him to do.
“In an ideal world, I’d love to know (if he was going to play) right now, but this is what we’re dealing with. We’re going to be very cautious with when he steps on the floor. We’re going to be smart with this thing, understanding that we need him for the long haul – not just (Wednesday) night.”
Also in the same report from Rusty Simmons at the San Francisco Chronicle was a tidbit about Bogut feeling no pain and suffering no setbacks after that first full practice on Monday.
As Bogut and Curry go, so will the Warriors go. It will help if they’re both in place beginning opening night, and it appears there’s at least a chance we may see Bogut on the floor in Phoenix on Wednesday to face the Suns.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36