Oct 30, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
As we broke down in our season preview, how this year turns out for the Warriors is perhaps more dependent on the health of the team’s stars than anything else. Now technically, that could be said about every team in the league — except with the history of injuries suffered by Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut, they have more to prove there than stars with a history of durability.
So it is good news then, that Bogut has now gone through full practices with the team in consecutive days. And head coach Mark Jackson is now feeling better about the chance of having his new big man in the starting lineup for the season opener in Phoenix on Wednesday.
“He responded well. Now it’s about getting treatment. We’ll play (Wednesday) by ear,” Jackson said. “He did exactly what we needed him to do.
“In an ideal world, I’d love to know (if he was going to play) right now, but this is what we’re dealing with. We’re going to be very cautious with when he steps on the floor. We’re going to be smart with this thing, understanding that we need him for the long haul – not just (Wednesday) night.”
Also in the same report from Rusty Simmons at the San Francisco Chronicle was a tidbit about Bogut feeling no pain and suffering no setbacks after that first full practice on Monday.
As Bogut and Curry go, so will the Warriors go. It will help if they’re both in place beginning opening night, and it appears there’s at least a chance we may see Bogut on the floor in Phoenix on Wednesday to face the Suns.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 31
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 52
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31