Oct 30, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
As we broke down in our season preview, how this year turns out for the Warriors is perhaps more dependent on the health of the team’s stars than anything else. Now technically, that could be said about every team in the league — except with the history of injuries suffered by Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut, they have more to prove there than stars with a history of durability.
So it is good news then, that Bogut has now gone through full practices with the team in consecutive days. And head coach Mark Jackson is now feeling better about the chance of having his new big man in the starting lineup for the season opener in Phoenix on Wednesday.
“He responded well. Now it’s about getting treatment. We’ll play (Wednesday) by ear,” Jackson said. “He did exactly what we needed him to do.
“In an ideal world, I’d love to know (if he was going to play) right now, but this is what we’re dealing with. We’re going to be very cautious with when he steps on the floor. We’re going to be smart with this thing, understanding that we need him for the long haul – not just (Wednesday) night.”
Also in the same report from Rusty Simmons at the San Francisco Chronicle was a tidbit about Bogut feeling no pain and suffering no setbacks after that first full practice on Monday.
As Bogut and Curry go, so will the Warriors go. It will help if they’re both in place beginning opening night, and it appears there’s at least a chance we may see Bogut on the floor in Phoenix on Wednesday to face the Suns.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 0
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)