Oct 29, 2012, 1:14 PM EDT
Anyone looking for an athletic guard who isn’t a very good shooter getting paid $1.3 million this season? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
The Mavericks have been shopping 2010 first-round pick Dominique Jones without success, according to league sources, which means that the release of guard Delonte West remains the most likely roster moving coming from the team later Monday.
The Mavs need to trim their roster from 16 to 15 players by the league wide deadline of 4 p.m. Finding a taker for Jones would buy them more time to resolve the future of the suspended West, but sources told ESPN.com that – with no takers emerging for Jones – parting with West remains the most probable move to create a spot for Eddy Curry.
Curry will make the Mavs roster and be the opening night center.
This is all going to come down one way or another in the next few hours. But I think West is in trouble because: 1) He seems to have really pissed off Mavericks management; 2) Nobody wants Jones.
Jones got into just half of the Mavs games last season, averaged 2.7 points in those contests and shot 39.7 percent from the floor. He had a PER of 11.8. He played pretty well at Summer League but still it’s not going to be easy to find a taker for that.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16