Oct 29, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
This is not the way the San Antonio Spurs want to start the season.
Manu Ginobili will not travel with the Spurs to New Orleans for the season opener due to ongoing back issues, reports Mike Monroe of the Express-News. Ginobili’s back will be reassessed on Thursday. Which implies this could last a while longer, which isn’t a shock as Ginobili has battled back spasms for a long time.
Some teams struggle when key players get injured, but the Spurs aren’t one. They’ve played a lot without Manu over the past few seasons, they trust the system and know how to win without him. They have won a lot without him.
And that kind of structure and comfort within it is something hard for young teams like the Hornets to deal with.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48