Oct 29, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT
But his status for the Lakers season opener remains up in the air just 24 hours before Los Angeles takes on Dallas on national television. From the official twitter of the Lakers:
Kobe Bryant will be a game time decision for the opener against the Mavs according to head coach Mike Brown.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 29, 2012
His foot was injured more than a week ago in a Sunday night game against the Kings. He has not practiced or played since.
Again, this is Kobe, do you really think he’s not going to play?
That said, with the Lakers on a back-to-back don’t be shocked if his foot reacts after the first game and he misses when the Lakers play in Portland on Wednesday. If he misses any games, the Lakers would certainly miss his 20 points a game and shot creation on the wing, even though it would mean more Steve Nash with the ball.
Then again, it’s still Kobe. He’ll probably play both. “’Tis just a flesh wound.”
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 9
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6