Oct 29, 2012, 9:45 PM EST
But his status for the Lakers season opener remains up in the air just 24 hours before Los Angeles takes on Dallas on national television. From the official twitter of the Lakers:
Kobe Bryant will be a game time decision for the opener against the Mavs according to head coach Mike Brown.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 29, 2012
His foot was injured more than a week ago in a Sunday night game against the Kings. He has not practiced or played since.
Again, this is Kobe, do you really think he’s not going to play?
That said, with the Lakers on a back-to-back don’t be shocked if his foot reacts after the first game and he misses when the Lakers play in Portland on Wednesday. If he misses any games, the Lakers would certainly miss his 20 points a game and shot creation on the wing, even though it would mean more Steve Nash with the ball.
Then again, it’s still Kobe. He’ll probably play both. “’Tis just a flesh wound.”
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 0
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60