Oct 29, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT
But his status for the Lakers season opener remains up in the air just 24 hours before Los Angeles takes on Dallas on national television. From the official twitter of the Lakers:
Kobe Bryant will be a game time decision for the opener against the Mavs according to head coach Mike Brown.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 29, 2012
His foot was injured more than a week ago in a Sunday night game against the Kings. He has not practiced or played since.
Again, this is Kobe, do you really think he’s not going to play?
That said, with the Lakers on a back-to-back don’t be shocked if his foot reacts after the first game and he misses when the Lakers play in Portland on Wednesday. If he misses any games, the Lakers would certainly miss his 20 points a game and shot creation on the wing, even though it would mean more Steve Nash with the ball.
Then again, it’s still Kobe. He’ll probably play both. “’Tis just a flesh wound.”
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 2
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 48
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17