Oct 29, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT
But his status for the Lakers season opener remains up in the air just 24 hours before Los Angeles takes on Dallas on national television. From the official twitter of the Lakers:
Kobe Bryant will be a game time decision for the opener against the Mavs according to head coach Mike Brown.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 29, 2012
His foot was injured more than a week ago in a Sunday night game against the Kings. He has not practiced or played since.
Again, this is Kobe, do you really think he’s not going to play?
That said, with the Lakers on a back-to-back don’t be shocked if his foot reacts after the first game and he misses when the Lakers play in Portland on Wednesday. If he misses any games, the Lakers would certainly miss his 20 points a game and shot creation on the wing, even though it would mean more Steve Nash with the ball.
Then again, it’s still Kobe. He’ll probably play both. “’Tis just a flesh wound.”
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32