Oct 29, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT
But his status for the Lakers season opener remains up in the air just 24 hours before Los Angeles takes on Dallas on national television. From the official twitter of the Lakers:
Kobe Bryant will be a game time decision for the opener against the Mavs according to head coach Mike Brown.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 29, 2012
His foot was injured more than a week ago in a Sunday night game against the Kings. He has not practiced or played since.
Again, this is Kobe, do you really think he’s not going to play?
That said, with the Lakers on a back-to-back don’t be shocked if his foot reacts after the first game and he misses when the Lakers play in Portland on Wednesday. If he misses any games, the Lakers would certainly miss his 20 points a game and shot creation on the wing, even though it would mean more Steve Nash with the ball.
Then again, it’s still Kobe. He’ll probably play both. “’Tis just a flesh wound.”
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85