Oct 29, 2012, 8:41 AM EDT
Lakers fans are not exactly a patient group. Win a game by 10 and talk radio the next day in Los Angeles has fans calling in saying it should have been 20. The Lakers can’t just win games, it has to be done with flair. Some Lakers fans will not be satisfied until the Lakers win two NBA championships a season.
So the Lakers 0-8 preseason has some fans on edge. It shouldn’t.
In what is likely a futile effort, Dwight Howard is telling Lakers fans to slow it down. Be patient. The NBA season is a marathon not a sprint. And the Lakers are in it for what’s at the end of the race. From the Orange County Register:
“I know everybody wants it right now, right now,” Howard said Sunday. “But we want to win in June, that’s what counts….
“We don’t expect to win every game and be 82-0,” Howard said. “But we do expect, say by midseason, that everybody will have the offense down pat and we’ll be flowing.”
It’s what a lot of us have been saying — I want to see the Lakers after the first of the year. Then I’ll have a better sense of who they really are and how good they really can be.
Until then it’s all talk.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 26
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25