Oct 29, 2012, 8:41 AM EDT
Lakers fans are not exactly a patient group. Win a game by 10 and talk radio the next day in Los Angeles has fans calling in saying it should have been 20. The Lakers can’t just win games, it has to be done with flair. Some Lakers fans will not be satisfied until the Lakers win two NBA championships a season.
So the Lakers 0-8 preseason has some fans on edge. It shouldn’t.
In what is likely a futile effort, Dwight Howard is telling Lakers fans to slow it down. Be patient. The NBA season is a marathon not a sprint. And the Lakers are in it for what’s at the end of the race. From the Orange County Register:
“I know everybody wants it right now, right now,” Howard said Sunday. “But we want to win in June, that’s what counts….
“We don’t expect to win every game and be 82-0,” Howard said. “But we do expect, say by midseason, that everybody will have the offense down pat and we’ll be flowing.”
It’s what a lot of us have been saying — I want to see the Lakers after the first of the year. Then I’ll have a better sense of who they really are and how good they really can be.
Until then it’s all talk.
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 1
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 1
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 11
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 36
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars