Oct 29, 2012, 8:41 AM EDT
Lakers fans are not exactly a patient group. Win a game by 10 and talk radio the next day in Los Angeles has fans calling in saying it should have been 20. The Lakers can’t just win games, it has to be done with flair. Some Lakers fans will not be satisfied until the Lakers win two NBA championships a season.
So the Lakers 0-8 preseason has some fans on edge. It shouldn’t.
In what is likely a futile effort, Dwight Howard is telling Lakers fans to slow it down. Be patient. The NBA season is a marathon not a sprint. And the Lakers are in it for what’s at the end of the race. From the Orange County Register:
“I know everybody wants it right now, right now,” Howard said Sunday. “But we want to win in June, that’s what counts….
“We don’t expect to win every game and be 82-0,” Howard said. “But we do expect, say by midseason, that everybody will have the offense down pat and we’ll be flowing.”
It’s what a lot of us have been saying — I want to see the Lakers after the first of the year. Then I’ll have a better sense of who they really are and how good they really can be.
Until then it’s all talk.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 21
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9