Oct 29, 2012, 9:41 AM EDT
The Knicks don’t start the season until Thursday, and the good news is they only have to travel to Brooklyn for the game. Although hurricane Sandy may make that a little more difficult than it should be.
He says he wants to play Sunday, but things don’t sound optimistic according to Marc Berman at the New York Post.
Camby, who hasn’t practiced in nearly four weeks with a calf strain, took the Garden court yesterday in a heavy white wrap to participate in their light workout that mostly was a walkthrough.
However, Camby said he wouldn’t be ready to practice for real and scrimmage until tomorrow — which would mark a four-week layoff. Two full practices may not be enough for Camby to make his Knicks debut of his second stint. The Knicks have been extremely conservative with Camby because they don’t want the strain to linger.
Hasn’t it already lingered?
Based on Camby’s healing history, I wouldn’t bet on him being ready to go Thursday.
Which means Tyson Chandler starts at center and Carmelo Anthony at the four, which is a good thing. The problem is behind them is Kurt Thomas, Rasheed Wallace and Chris Copeland. The Knicks like to think they have depth in the frontcourt behind Camby and Stoudemire, but no other team is close to intimidated by who is left.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'