Oct 28, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Rockets GM Daryl Morey has been on a quest for an elite player for more than a year — Pau Gasol (part of the Chris Paul trade David Stern blew up), Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony — and he thinks he finally has one in James Harden.
Morey was on Comcast SportsNet Houston to talk about the trade and why he thinks this is the cornerstone piece the Rockets need. As I said before, the Rockets are not a playoff team right now, but they are a lot better than they were 24 hours ago.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 5
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10