Oct 28, 2012, 5:31 PM EST
Rockets GM Daryl Morey has been on a quest for an elite player for more than a year — Pau Gasol (part of the Chris Paul trade David Stern blew up), Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony — and he thinks he finally has one in James Harden.
Morey was on Comcast SportsNet Houston to talk about the trade and why he thinks this is the cornerstone piece the Rockets need. As I said before, the Rockets are not a playoff team right now, but they are a lot better than they were 24 hours ago.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 3
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 32
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)