Oct 28, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
He will, Harden said on Sunday. A video of Harden’s meeting with the media is posted on the Rockets official Web site.
“Yes, yes,” Harden said if he had decided to sign with the Rockets. “I’ll let them figure that out with my agent.
He was asked why that appealed to him.
“Just to be secure. I feel like I’m in a great position with a great team, a great group of young guys that are willing to work hard.”
Most player sign their first big extension post rookie contract, because that’s the contract that takes them from making a lot of money — several million a year — to “set my family up for generations” money. (Providing they don’t blow through it, which is another issue, though not necessarily for Harden.) Harden and the thunder couldn’t agree to the terms of that second deal — he turned down a four year, $52 million offer — and that is when the trade came.
Harden also talked about jumping from a title contender to a rebuilding team.
“It’s definitely different, but it’s something that we have to learn to deal with,” Harden said. “This is a business and everything happens for a reason. I’m just going to try to play hard and win games.”
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 1
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 18
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 43
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault