Oct 27, 2012, 1:29 PM EST
Gerald Green has mad hops.
Don’t believe me, check out that photo.
That has always been the case — coming out of high school and into the NBA his ability to get up has never been questioned. His all-around game, yes. But not his hops. It was that athleticism that got him taken in the first round straight out of high school (No. 18 by the Celtics in 2006). It’s those hops that won him the 2007 Dunk Contest.
Last year Green seemed to have put it all together and found a spot to make that athleticism work for him, averaging 12.9 points a game on 48.1 percent shooting for the lowly Nets. The Pacers grabbed him this year and he has looked good in preseason action.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28