Oct 27, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Gerald Green has mad hops.
Don’t believe me, check out that photo.
That has always been the case — coming out of high school and into the NBA his ability to get up has never been questioned. His all-around game, yes. But not his hops. It was that athleticism that got him taken in the first round straight out of high school (No. 18 by the Celtics in 2006). It’s those hops that won him the 2007 Dunk Contest.
Last year Green seemed to have put it all together and found a spot to make that athleticism work for him, averaging 12.9 points a game on 48.1 percent shooting for the lowly Nets. The Pacers grabbed him this year and he has looked good in preseason action.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17