Oct 27, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Gerald Green has mad hops.
Don’t believe me, check out that photo.
That has always been the case — coming out of high school and into the NBA his ability to get up has never been questioned. His all-around game, yes. But not his hops. It was that athleticism that got him taken in the first round straight out of high school (No. 18 by the Celtics in 2006). It’s those hops that won him the 2007 Dunk Contest.
Last year Green seemed to have put it all together and found a spot to make that athleticism work for him, averaging 12.9 points a game on 48.1 percent shooting for the lowly Nets. The Pacers grabbed him this year and he has looked good in preseason action.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50