Oct 27, 2012, 1:29 PM EST
Gerald Green has mad hops.
Don’t believe me, check out that photo.
That has always been the case — coming out of high school and into the NBA his ability to get up has never been questioned. His all-around game, yes. But not his hops. It was that athleticism that got him taken in the first round straight out of high school (No. 18 by the Celtics in 2006). It’s those hops that won him the 2007 Dunk Contest.
Last year Green seemed to have put it all together and found a spot to make that athleticism work for him, averaging 12.9 points a game on 48.1 percent shooting for the lowly Nets. The Pacers grabbed him this year and he has looked good in preseason action.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 13
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 3
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 25
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 27
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25