Oct 27, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Gerald Green has mad hops.
Don’t believe me, check out that photo.
That has always been the case — coming out of high school and into the NBA his ability to get up has never been questioned. His all-around game, yes. But not his hops. It was that athleticism that got him taken in the first round straight out of high school (No. 18 by the Celtics in 2006). It’s those hops that won him the 2007 Dunk Contest.
Last year Green seemed to have put it all together and found a spot to make that athleticism work for him, averaging 12.9 points a game on 48.1 percent shooting for the lowly Nets. The Pacers grabbed him this year and he has looked good in preseason action.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 12
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 19
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy