Oct 27, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Gerald Green has mad hops.
Don’t believe me, check out that photo.
That has always been the case — coming out of high school and into the NBA his ability to get up has never been questioned. His all-around game, yes. But not his hops. It was that athleticism that got him taken in the first round straight out of high school (No. 18 by the Celtics in 2006). It’s those hops that won him the 2007 Dunk Contest.
Last year Green seemed to have put it all together and found a spot to make that athleticism work for him, averaging 12.9 points a game on 48.1 percent shooting for the lowly Nets. The Pacers grabbed him this year and he has looked good in preseason action.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 0
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4