Oct 27, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Gerald Green has mad hops.
Don’t believe me, check out that photo.
That has always been the case — coming out of high school and into the NBA his ability to get up has never been questioned. His all-around game, yes. But not his hops. It was that athleticism that got him taken in the first round straight out of high school (No. 18 by the Celtics in 2006). It’s those hops that won him the 2007 Dunk Contest.
Last year Green seemed to have put it all together and found a spot to make that athleticism work for him, averaging 12.9 points a game on 48.1 percent shooting for the lowly Nets. The Pacers grabbed him this year and he has looked good in preseason action.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2