Oct 27, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Gerald Green has mad hops.
Don’t believe me, check out that photo.
That has always been the case — coming out of high school and into the NBA his ability to get up has never been questioned. His all-around game, yes. But not his hops. It was that athleticism that got him taken in the first round straight out of high school (No. 18 by the Celtics in 2006). It’s those hops that won him the 2007 Dunk Contest.
Last year Green seemed to have put it all together and found a spot to make that athleticism work for him, averaging 12.9 points a game on 48.1 percent shooting for the lowly Nets. The Pacers grabbed him this year and he has looked good in preseason action.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 0
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 18
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 46
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 59
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3