Lakers waive Andrew Goudelock

Oct 27, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT

Andrew Goudelock AP

The Lakers waived Andrew Goudelock on Saturday, bringing the team’s roster down to the league-maximum of 15 players.

Goudelock wasn’t expected to make the team with the offseason addition of starting point guard Steve Nash, and with Steve Blake and Chris Duhon firmly in place with guaranteed contracts, it wouldn’t have made sense from a financial standpoint to let one of them go instead.

Goudelock showed some signs he could play early last season, when he provided solid help as a reserve during a seven-game stretch where he played close to 20 minutes per game while averaging better than 10 points a contest.

Two more Lakers remain with non-guaranteed contracts: Robert Sacre and Darius Johnson-Odom. Of the two, Sacre is more likely to make the roster given his size and ability to back up Dwight Howard.

Johnson-Odom may end up overseas if he and the Lakers part ways, according to a report from Sportando.net.

1. aboogy123456 - Oct 27, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Dam as a Lakers fan I’m really disappointed to see him go. He has a lot of potential and I was hoping he would become the backup to Nash. He plays with a lot of heart and has a sweet stroke, it will be easy for him to get signed by another team.

• datdude86 - Oct 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Hecouldnt backup Nash because he has no point guard skills. He’s a shooting guard in a small point guards body. Smh, it’s a shame though, if only he was a little bit taller.

• adeedothatswho - Oct 29, 2012 at 2:48 AM

I wish he was a little bit taller. I wish he was a baller.

2. tommy972 - Oct 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I just remember him getting a technical in GARBAGE time against the thunder

3. 00maltliquor - Oct 27, 2012 at 9:13 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Damn man, he was one of my favorites! Earl Clark should have went, maybe even DJO. But not Andrew!

Every year I come up with my own draft board and watch the NBA draft from beginning to end like the NBA geek that I am. I’ll never forget how bad I wanted the Lakers to pick this kid up as I had him #1 on my list of players left over for where they were picking at and when they called his name I went ballistic! I had a soft spot for AG , he won me money everytime I bet on small, no-name school C of Charelston when I lived out in Las Vegas ( I bet on them 4 times total I believe). I would just post up at the sports books and watch mad random, small schools and bet and he was one of my guys. Same thing happend this year when the Lakers drafted Robert Sacre, had him #1 on my list overall (don’t laugh, it made sence since the Lakers had pick #60). Two years in a row had me feeling like a damn scout/psycic/genius! Three years back I had Devin Ebanks #3 on my list when he got picked up. I bet a ton on West Virginia that year and and was pretty stoked on Da’Sean Butler. Anyways…rambling now…

Man I hope he makes it on somewhere. He most definatly has a place somewhere in this great league. He is such a cool person too from what I seen in interviews. He’s pretty humble and grounded. Plus that running floater is just as dangerous as his 3 bomb. Good luck Andrew, I’m gonna miss you. It’s gonna suck to have to make that cut on 2k13 lol! I got him ballin’!

• progress2011 - Oct 29, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Rot-Gut,

Dude, you said you felt like a “scout/psychic/genius” !

Dude, that’s an oxymoron …..because that’s simply not possible because you have damaged too many of the few brain cells you had…drinking that nasty/ buy one, get one free/ rot-gut… disgusting malt-liquor

Goudelock, Ebanks, Sacre at the NBA level, are kinda like the guys you just get to make a 5 man team, during a pick up game. You never intend to pass them the ball, unless it’s an absolute necessity.,,,But then, you make them pass it right back.

Basically, this caliber of player is easily expendable. So, for you to think he had some real value, is absurd.

aahahahahaha….scout/ psychic/genius….ahahahahaha !!!!

4. 1972wasalongtimeago - Oct 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

More like Baddeluck

• ron05342 - Oct 28, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Pretty much one of the stupidest comments I have ever read on this board.

Congratulations.

• 1972wasalongtimeago - Oct 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM

At the time, I thought ity was kind of funny, but as time has passed I agree it was below my standards. Full refunds for everyone.

5. tannethrill - Oct 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM

What’s going on with Lamar Odom-Kardasian?

• badintent - Oct 27, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Check out the usual suspects, TMZ, People and Vivid Videos

6. readysethike - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM

is earl clark still one the team?

7. abchome - Oct 28, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Pity! I’m sure some teams would pick him though.

8. stayhigh_247 - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Hopefully somebody picks this kid up. I hear a spot just opened up in OKC.

Wizards playing spoiler in East