Oct 26, 2012, 12:25 PM EST
Who says Mike Woodson is an old-school, hard-ass coach. You work hard for him, you get some perks.
Woodson, the current Knicks coach, was on “The Game 365” on MSG Network, and the show was such a snoozer that just about everybody tuned out. Everybody but the folks at nba247365.com, and they were rewarded with a great story from when Woodson coached the Hawks.
“When players come to work, you don’t know what to expect,” Woodson said. “Prime example: Zaza Pachulia comes into my office…”
Zaza: Hey coach, can you let me out of practice today?
Woodson: For what?
Zaza: Man, I got a hot date.
Woodson: Are you kidding me? Do you love this girl?
Zaza: Nah coach, I can’t be in love, I’m too young.
Woodson: I take it you aren’t gonna marry this girl then?
Zaza: Nah, coach.
I’m pretty sure even the Zen master Phil Jackson would have unleashed a few swear words on Pachulia at this point. Woodson?
“Yeah, I let him go,” said Woodson, “but only because he worked his butt off for me.”
Raymond Felton, I wouldn’t recommend you try this.
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 13
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 37
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5
- Kobe Bryant passes 32,000 career points milestone 6
- Dwight Howard’s attorney: Claims Rockets’ star abused his child baseless 11