Oct 26, 2012, 9:54 AM EST
Except, he may not be able to start the season. Coach Frank Vogel is trying to remain optimistic he’ll be there, he told the Indy Star.
The Pacers will likely go through the entire preseason without their starting point guard. Vogel is not optimistic that Hill will play tonight after he didn’t practice Thursday. Hill’s absence raises concern about his availability for the season opener at Toronto on Oct. 31.
“It’s always a concern whether he’ll be in there or not,” Vogel said. “We feel like he’s going to be ready by then.”
In Hill’s absence, D.J. Augustin has been starting for the Pacers at the point.
Indiana should be right there with Boston fighting for the No. 2 seed in the East, but they need Hill to do it. Sounds like he is close to return, but even if he is back for the opener expect limited minutes his first few games after missing all of the preseason.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30