Oct 26, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
Except, he may not be able to start the season. Coach Frank Vogel is trying to remain optimistic he’ll be there, he told the Indy Star.
The Pacers will likely go through the entire preseason without their starting point guard. Vogel is not optimistic that Hill will play tonight after he didn’t practice Thursday. Hill’s absence raises concern about his availability for the season opener at Toronto on Oct. 31.
“It’s always a concern whether he’ll be in there or not,” Vogel said. “We feel like he’s going to be ready by then.”
In Hill’s absence, D.J. Augustin has been starting for the Pacers at the point.
Indiana should be right there with Boston fighting for the No. 2 seed in the East, but they need Hill to do it. Sounds like he is close to return, but even if he is back for the opener expect limited minutes his first few games after missing all of the preseason.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3