Oct 26, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
Except, he may not be able to start the season. Coach Frank Vogel is trying to remain optimistic he’ll be there, he told the Indy Star.
The Pacers will likely go through the entire preseason without their starting point guard. Vogel is not optimistic that Hill will play tonight after he didn’t practice Thursday. Hill’s absence raises concern about his availability for the season opener at Toronto on Oct. 31.
“It’s always a concern whether he’ll be in there or not,” Vogel said. “We feel like he’s going to be ready by then.”
In Hill’s absence, D.J. Augustin has been starting for the Pacers at the point.
Indiana should be right there with Boston fighting for the No. 2 seed in the East, but they need Hill to do it. Sounds like he is close to return, but even if he is back for the opener expect limited minutes his first few games after missing all of the preseason.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28