Oct 26, 2012, 9:54 AM EDT
Except, he may not be able to start the season. Coach Frank Vogel is trying to remain optimistic he’ll be there, he told the Indy Star.
The Pacers will likely go through the entire preseason without their starting point guard. Vogel is not optimistic that Hill will play tonight after he didn’t practice Thursday. Hill’s absence raises concern about his availability for the season opener at Toronto on Oct. 31.
“It’s always a concern whether he’ll be in there or not,” Vogel said. “We feel like he’s going to be ready by then.”
In Hill’s absence, D.J. Augustin has been starting for the Pacers at the point.
Indiana should be right there with Boston fighting for the No. 2 seed in the East, but they need Hill to do it. Sounds like he is close to return, but even if he is back for the opener expect limited minutes his first few games after missing all of the preseason.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85