Oct 26, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
The Nets have a lot of firepower— starting with Joe Johnson, who can still light it up, but Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace and MarShon Brooks and… you get the idea — but Deron Williams is the key. He is the mixologist that brings it all together.
And Williams is hurting a little. He is missing practice Friday and Saturday, with the reason coming from this tweet from the Nets PR department:
Practice update: Deron Williams- left ankle synovitis (inflamed tissue)- received injection today and will miss two days of practice.
— Nets PR Dept. (@Nets_PR) October 26, 2012
This is not really serious as a shot in the joint sounds — synovitis inflammation is pretty common and the injection was likely an anti-inflammatory or steroid to speed the recovery. When the Nets tip off the season against the Knicks next week and open at the Barclays Center, Williams should be good to go.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20