Oct 26, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
The Nets have a lot of firepower— starting with Joe Johnson, who can still light it up, but Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace and MarShon Brooks and… you get the idea — but Deron Williams is the key. He is the mixologist that brings it all together.
And Williams is hurting a little. He is missing practice Friday and Saturday, with the reason coming from this tweet from the Nets PR department:
Practice update: Deron Williams- left ankle synovitis (inflamed tissue)- received injection today and will miss two days of practice.
— Nets PR Dept. (@Nets_PR) October 26, 2012
This is not really serious as a shot in the joint sounds — synovitis inflammation is pretty common and the injection was likely an anti-inflammatory or steroid to speed the recovery. When the Nets tip off the season against the Knicks next week and open at the Barclays Center, Williams should be good to go.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18