Oct 26, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
The Nets have a lot of firepower— starting with Joe Johnson, who can still light it up, but Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace and MarShon Brooks and… you get the idea — but Deron Williams is the key. He is the mixologist that brings it all together.
And Williams is hurting a little. He is missing practice Friday and Saturday, with the reason coming from this tweet from the Nets PR department:
Practice update: Deron Williams- left ankle synovitis (inflamed tissue)- received injection today and will miss two days of practice.
— Nets PR Dept. (@Nets_PR) October 26, 2012
This is not really serious as a shot in the joint sounds — synovitis inflammation is pretty common and the injection was likely an anti-inflammatory or steroid to speed the recovery. When the Nets tip off the season against the Knicks next week and open at the Barclays Center, Williams should be good to go.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16