Oct 26, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
The Nets have a lot of firepower— starting with Joe Johnson, who can still light it up, but Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace and MarShon Brooks and… you get the idea — but Deron Williams is the key. He is the mixologist that brings it all together.
And Williams is hurting a little. He is missing practice Friday and Saturday, with the reason coming from this tweet from the Nets PR department:
Practice update: Deron Williams- left ankle synovitis (inflamed tissue)- received injection today and will miss two days of practice.
— Nets PR Dept. (@Nets_PR) October 26, 2012
This is not really serious as a shot in the joint sounds — synovitis inflammation is pretty common and the injection was likely an anti-inflammatory or steroid to speed the recovery. When the Nets tip off the season against the Knicks next week and open at the Barclays Center, Williams should be good to go.
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 0
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 10
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10