Oct 26, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
The Nets have a lot of firepower— starting with Joe Johnson, who can still light it up, but Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace and MarShon Brooks and… you get the idea — but Deron Williams is the key. He is the mixologist that brings it all together.
And Williams is hurting a little. He is missing practice Friday and Saturday, with the reason coming from this tweet from the Nets PR department:
Practice update: Deron Williams- left ankle synovitis (inflamed tissue)- received injection today and will miss two days of practice.
— Nets PR Dept. (@Nets_PR) October 26, 2012
This is not really serious as a shot in the joint sounds — synovitis inflammation is pretty common and the injection was likely an anti-inflammatory or steroid to speed the recovery. When the Nets tip off the season against the Knicks next week and open at the Barclays Center, Williams should be good to go.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11