Oct 26, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
But West still doesn’t get why. Dallas management talks about it being behavior issues around the team and influence on young players, but West told Marc Stein of ESPN he was being blamed for stuff he didn’t have anything to do with.
“There was an argument between two teammates in the locker room last night that didn’t involve me,” said West, who had two points, one assist and three turnovers in 21 minutes against the Thunder. “Somehow I’m being blamed for it. I had nothing to do with it. I don’t know what’s going on.”
The bottom line is West is out in Dallas. It will be interesting to see what teams step up and show interest in him. West has a history in Boston but they are already deep. The Lakers could use depth but their payroll is already high and they are already trying to deal with getting a lot of new personalities to mesh. There will be others that steps forward.
But West still isn’t sure why they have to.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36