Oct 26, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
Adam Morrison made it to the last cut, but he was cut.
Friday the Portland Trail Blazers waived Morrison (along with Coby Karl and F Justin Holiday), reports CSNNW.com. Of that group, Karl impressed the most and he could get some 10-day call-ups with the Blazers if he doesn’t get snapped up by another team.
”I want to thank the Blazers’ organization for giving me a chance,” Morrison told CSNNW.com. “I’m sorry things didn’t work out, but I wish them nothing but success. Right now, I’m just going to talk to my agent and see where to go from here.”
Morrison, the former No. 3 pick overall out of Gonzaga, has said if he didn’t make the Blazers roster he was going to retire from basketball.
Morrison got a shot because he looked good at Summer League, averaging 20 points a game and earning MVP chants from the fans the final night. But that is Summer League. When in with the regular Blazers he couldn’t separate himself from the guys with guaranteed contracts.
It’s too bad. Morrison worked hard and I was rooting for him to make the comeback, it was a nice story of redemption. But it was not to be, and he sounded ready to accept that. Whatever he does next I wish him the best.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 12
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 13
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 7
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay