Adam Morrison waived by Portland, now may wave goodbye

Oct 26, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT

Adam Morrison AP

Adam Morrison made it to the last cut, but he was cut.

Friday the Portland Trail Blazers waived Morrison (along with Coby Karl and F Justin Holiday), reports CSNNW.com. Of that group, Karl impressed the most and he could get some 10-day call-ups with the Blazers if he doesn’t get snapped up by another team.

“I want to thank the Blazers’ organization for giving me a chance,” Morrison told CSNNW.com. “I’m sorry things didn’t work out, but I wish them nothing but success. Right now, I’m just going to talk to my agent and see where to go from here.”

Morrison, the former No. 3 pick overall out of Gonzaga, has said if he didn’t make the Blazers roster he was going to retire from basketball.

Morrison got a shot because he looked good at Summer League, averaging 20 points a game and earning MVP chants from the fans the final night. But that is Summer League. When in with the regular Blazers he couldn’t separate himself from the guys with guaranteed contracts.

It’s too bad. Morrison worked hard and I was rooting for him to make the comeback, it was a nice story of redemption. But it was not to be, and he sounded ready to accept that. Whatever he does next I wish him the best.

1. cosanostra71 - Oct 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM

In the games I saw him he looked like he could make a team off the end of the bench. I hope he does. Keep fighting, Ammo!

2. claymatthewshairplugs - Oct 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Morrison still has more championship rings that the following superstars:

Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, Deron Williams, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin & Steve Nash.

Some team needs to pick up Adam Morrison for his championship experience.

Rings say it all.

• eventhorizon04 - Oct 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM

“Rings say it all.”

For fans who don’t understand basketball, sure.

3. smackingfools - Oct 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Lol! I don’t have the rings because I never played in the NBA, but I have just as much championship experience as Adam Morrison.

4. goldtoothbiscuits - Oct 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM

He’s now showing us why he played at Gonzaga and not a major University

• passerby23 - Oct 27, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Which, of course, means nothing. Look at Damian Lillard on the same team Morrison just got waived by.

5. dwirk - Oct 27, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Morrison is proof how tough it is to play in the NBA. In college he scored at will now he can’t even make a roster.

6. fatbaby81 - Oct 27, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Adam Morrison, i had such high hopes for him. so sad

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches