Oct 25, 2012, 9:11 AM EDT
We told you a couple days ago that it looked like Grant Hill would be out for the season opener, and that because he was not able to get the Phoenix Suns training staff to come to Los Angeles with him Clippers fans should be a little nervous.
Hill owned up to the fact he will not be ready when the season starts reports told the Los Angeles Times, and he added that more doctors will be taking a look at his ailing knee. Because you can never have too many doctors.
Grant Hill, who has already had one MRI exam that showed he has a bone bruise in his right knee, said Wednesday night that he plans to get another examination soon….
“I think I’ll be out another two weeks or so, I hope,” Hill said. “I just want to make sure it’s right. We don’t want to rush it.”
No, it’s still early and there is a marathon of a season ahead. But the Clippers certainly could use him. And when you bring in older veterans for your bench, this is one of the risks.
As for a Lamar Odom update, coach Vinny Del Negro is hopeful he is ready next week when the season opens. Odom is trying to recover from a bone bruise in his knee.
“He was trying to battle through [the injury], but it got to the point where it was not making sense,” Del Negro said. “So that was when he changed the process for him. He knows he needed to be in better shape coming in. They tried to tax his body a little bit and this is the result.”
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 2
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 19
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25