Oct 25, 2012, 9:11 AM EDT
We told you a couple days ago that it looked like Grant Hill would be out for the season opener, and that because he was not able to get the Phoenix Suns training staff to come to Los Angeles with him Clippers fans should be a little nervous.
Hill owned up to the fact he will not be ready when the season starts reports told the Los Angeles Times, and he added that more doctors will be taking a look at his ailing knee. Because you can never have too many doctors.
Grant Hill, who has already had one MRI exam that showed he has a bone bruise in his right knee, said Wednesday night that he plans to get another examination soon….
“I think I’ll be out another two weeks or so, I hope,” Hill said. “I just want to make sure it’s right. We don’t want to rush it.”
No, it’s still early and there is a marathon of a season ahead. But the Clippers certainly could use him. And when you bring in older veterans for your bench, this is one of the risks.
As for a Lamar Odom update, coach Vinny Del Negro is hopeful he is ready next week when the season opens. Odom is trying to recover from a bone bruise in his knee.
“He was trying to battle through [the injury], but it got to the point where it was not making sense,” Del Negro said. “So that was when he changed the process for him. He knows he needed to be in better shape coming in. They tried to tax his body a little bit and this is the result.”
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16