Oct 25, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
Among the many reasons I’m excited for the NBA season to tip off next week is that with games going on, maybe Ray Allen and the Celtics will stop talking about each other. Please, please stop talking about each other.
Of course, they play each other opening night — Allen’s new team the Heat and the Celtics next Tuesday — so maybe we’ll have to suffer through this “conversation” about how and why Allen left Boston a little longer.
The other day Allen kept talking, saying his feud with Rajon Rondo went back to 2009 when they were both almost traded to Phoenix. Doc Rivers doesn’t really see it that way, said so then added a little barb when speaking to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I didn’t even know it, so I’m surprised right now,” Rivers said. “I never knew that, I don’t think [the trade rumor is] true.
“We’re just going to let Ray keep talking, it’s easier.”
What I think we all want — including Celtic and Heat fans — if for both sides to just shut up about it. You don’t get along now, Allen felt disrespected, we get it. Move on. (I feel like I’m talking to my four-year-old here.)
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 9
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 17
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36