Oct 25, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Among the many reasons I’m excited for the NBA season to tip off next week is that with games going on, maybe Ray Allen and the Celtics will stop talking about each other. Please, please stop talking about each other.
Of course, they play each other opening night — Allen’s new team the Heat and the Celtics next Tuesday — so maybe we’ll have to suffer through this “conversation” about how and why Allen left Boston a little longer.
The other day Allen kept talking, saying his feud with Rajon Rondo went back to 2009 when they were both almost traded to Phoenix. Doc Rivers doesn’t really see it that way, said so then added a little barb when speaking to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I didn’t even know it, so I’m surprised right now,” Rivers said. “I never knew that, I don’t think [the trade rumor is] true.
“We’re just going to let Ray keep talking, it’s easier.”
What I think we all want — including Celtic and Heat fans — if for both sides to just shut up about it. You don’t get along now, Allen felt disrespected, we get it. Move on. (I feel like I’m talking to my four-year-old here.)
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 0
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17