Oct 25, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Among the many reasons I’m excited for the NBA season to tip off next week is that with games going on, maybe Ray Allen and the Celtics will stop talking about each other. Please, please stop talking about each other.
Of course, they play each other opening night — Allen’s new team the Heat and the Celtics next Tuesday — so maybe we’ll have to suffer through this “conversation” about how and why Allen left Boston a little longer.
The other day Allen kept talking, saying his feud with Rajon Rondo went back to 2009 when they were both almost traded to Phoenix. Doc Rivers doesn’t really see it that way, said so then added a little barb when speaking to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I didn’t even know it, so I’m surprised right now,” Rivers said. “I never knew that, I don’t think [the trade rumor is] true.
“We’re just going to let Ray keep talking, it’s easier.”
What I think we all want — including Celtic and Heat fans — if for both sides to just shut up about it. You don’t get along now, Allen felt disrespected, we get it. Move on. (I feel like I’m talking to my four-year-old here.)
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29