Oct 25, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
Among the many reasons I’m excited for the NBA season to tip off next week is that with games going on, maybe Ray Allen and the Celtics will stop talking about each other. Please, please stop talking about each other.
Of course, they play each other opening night — Allen’s new team the Heat and the Celtics next Tuesday — so maybe we’ll have to suffer through this “conversation” about how and why Allen left Boston a little longer.
The other day Allen kept talking, saying his feud with Rajon Rondo went back to 2009 when they were both almost traded to Phoenix. Doc Rivers doesn’t really see it that way, said so then added a little barb when speaking to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
“I didn’t even know it, so I’m surprised right now,” Rivers said. “I never knew that, I don’t think [the trade rumor is] true.
“We’re just going to let Ray keep talking, it’s easier.”
What I think we all want — including Celtic and Heat fans — if for both sides to just shut up about it. You don’t get along now, Allen felt disrespected, we get it. Move on. (I feel like I’m talking to my four-year-old here.)
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 0
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 2
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 25