Oct 24, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
There is a lot of buzz around the Nets this season — they have moved to a new building in Brooklyn and will be the NBA’s most improved team this season. Of course, they were so bad last season that a dramatic improvement will not take them as far as some Nets fans hope, but it should take them to the playoffs.
But the buzz is real and you can be part of it — if you’re willing to fork over New York prices.
Tickets to the Nets’ first regular-season game at the new Barclays Center against the crosstown rival Knicks are commanding an average of $800.87 a pop on StubHub and other secondary-market sites….
The Nets-Knicks game is running as high as $8,100 for courtside seats normally priced for $1,500, and the cheapest seats were selling for $217.
I’m not your mother, I’m not going to tell you how to spend your money, Brooklynites. If you think $8,100 is within your budget for a seat at a basketball game, well, I’m impressed with your amount of disposable income. That’s a lot of money to see Carmelo Anthony break a sweat and Brook Lopez try to. But if you are thinking of dropping more than $200 on nosebleed seats for the building opener… just think it through. You’re not exactly going to be sitting next to Jay-Z for that money. That’s all I’m saying.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 0
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights