Oct 24, 2012, 2:34 PM EST
Who is the worst retired NBA star turned golfer?
For years Charles Barkley was the runaway winner in this category, but now he has some competition. Yao Ming played in a celebrity golf tournament in China and… he’s not good. Not that you really expect him to be — when you are 7’6″ there are a whole lot of things that can go wrong in your swing. But he’s not good. The stance is awkward, the club seems too short (can you say custom-made shafts?) and there is just a whole lot of badness.
But it’s for charity, so we’ll just laugh it off. And if you want to compare it to Barkley…
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 18
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 34
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (61)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)