Oct 24, 2012, 9:55 AM EDT
Something’s going on, we’ll let you decide for yourself what it is.
Almost since free agency started the Utah Jazz have been trying to reach and agreement with Raja Bell to buy out his $3.5 million contract and let him go as a free agent. Bell and Jazz coach Tyron Corbin didn’t get along and the Jazz like Corbin so Bell was not coming back to a team that sent him home from a road trip early last season. However, the two sides haven’t reached a buyout deal (meaning Bell isn’t giving anything back, or not enough for the Jazz anyway). While Bell remains on the Jazz roster the franchise told him not to bother to show up to training camp. He is not around.
Then comes a report Tuesday — with word allegedly from Bell’s agent — that the buyout talks are broken off and both sides are trying to find a trade for Bell.
But Bell’s agent has now told the more respected publication the Deseret News that is not the case.
“Absolutely not,” agent Herb Rudoy told the Deseret News when asked about Tuesday’s RealGM.com article, which reported that he’d talked about the Jazz moving on to considering trade scenarios instead of finding a financial settlement.
“I was asked if we are discussing a buyout and I said ‘no.’ The rest is pure speculation,” Rudoy said. “There is no trade talk that I know about.”
So, the two sides are not discussing a buyout anymore, but there are no trade talks? Meaning the Jazz are going to pay Bell $3.5 million to take up a roster spot but sit at home on his couch, eat Bon Bons and watch games? And they are not trying to move him?
No, makes no sense to us either. Things are going to break one way or another.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 7
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 24
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games