Pau Gaol likes watching “Fringe” and… “Two and a Half Men?” Really?

Oct 24, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT

Golden State Warriors v Los Angeles Lakers Getty Images

Like most NBA players, there is no appointment viewing television for Pau Gasol. He can’t schedule a set time to watch his favorite show live. Mostly because he is appointment viewing, him and his Lakers. People tune in to watch them, so they play games (and travel) at the times you are usually in front of the television, trying to catch up on DVR’d episodes of “Parenthood” and “Revolution.”

But the intellectual and well-read Gasol (book seen in his locker this week: “The Tao of Pooh”) does watch television. He just likes to do it on DVD, where he can burn through a lot of episodes at a time, he told Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times. A lot of NBA players do that as well.

So what is Gasol watching?

“I’m watching Fringe,” said Gasol. “I’m in the second season.”

You know “Fringe,” Fox’s attempt to recapture the “X-Files” lightning in a bottle. I’d tell you what I thought of it if I had ever watched an episode.

So what else? “Homeland?” Not yet, not until he has a couple seasons to get through. Then he started soliciting suggestions from Pincus and the media.

“How about Breaking Bad?” asked Gasol, who also noted he’s on the sixth season of “Dexter…”

Gasol doesn’t watch “Modern Family,” missed out on “Arrested Development” but admitted to watching “Two and a Half Men” during the Charlie Sheen era.

Two and a Half Men? Really? Wow. I take back my defense of him in the past. Maybe he is soft. Although since he’s at least watching “Dexter” I’ll let it slide. And I’ll throw in a recommendation for “Boardwalk Empire.”

1. cbking05 - Oct 24, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I would have guessed Project Runway…shows how much I know about basketball…

2. pacific123ocean - Oct 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Proof reading 101! Pau Gaol? Can you at least spell his name correct?

• themj14 - Oct 24, 2012 at 3:47 PM

You try writing 20 articles a day and see how you do dude.

So he made one mistake, it’s bound to happen. The guy’s a pro, and you’re a troll.

And since we’re keeping score, it’s “proofreading”, not “proof reading”. The sad thing is, you only wrote 13 words and couldn’t get them all right.

3. 00maltliquor - Oct 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM

What’s wrong with Two and a Half Men, Charlie Sheen-era??

4. paulhargis53 - Oct 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM

lakerluver likes two and a half men too, just not the tv show….

Where has that unflushable turd been anyhow? Hopefully, he’s gone for good.

5. lucky5936 - Oct 24, 2012 at 3:14 PM

We are on the verge of the upcoming season and this is the garbage Kurt spends his time on?

6. metalhead65 - Oct 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM

who cares what pau watches kurt, we need to what lebron watches! I bet kurt could tell us that and what he has on his dvr without even having to ask!

• eventhorizon04 - Oct 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM

There’s nothing sadder than a commenter accusing someone of being “LeBron obsessed” in a blogpost that has absolutely nothing to do with LeBron and doesn’t mention LeBron at all.

Literally – you’re the only guy here who, after reading this article, decided to talk about LeBron. So if you want to see someone who is obsessed with LeBron, try looking in the mirror.

• metalhead65 - Oct 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM

lighten up francis I only said that because kurt is usually lebron obsseve and writes articles only about him. get a sense of humor why don’t you.

7. skins44 - Oct 24, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Fringe is awesome. Don’t hate on it till you watch a whole season!

8. j0esixpack - Oct 24, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I agree, Fringe is pretty cool. You’ve got to have some understand of Quantum Physics to truly appreciate it so that excludes most athletes and sports writers

9. eventhorizon04 - Oct 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Fringe is a good show.
    I also recommend Dexter, and I HIGHLY recommend Breaking Bad.

Boardwalk Empire though is bad this year – we’re halfway through the season and barely anything has happened.

• metalhead65 - Oct 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Sons Of Anarchy is the best show on tv followed by Justified. and for comedy you can’t go wrong with the league and it’s always sunny. and there is nothing wrong at all with the sheen years of men.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches