Oct 24, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Like most NBA players, there is no appointment viewing television for Pau Gasol. He can’t schedule a set time to watch his favorite show live. Mostly because he is appointment viewing, him and his Lakers. People tune in to watch them, so they play games (and travel) at the times you are usually in front of the television, trying to catch up on DVR’d episodes of “Parenthood” and “Revolution.”
But the intellectual and well-read Gasol (book seen in his locker this week: “The Tao of Pooh”) does watch television. He just likes to do it on DVD, where he can burn through a lot of episodes at a time, he told Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times. A lot of NBA players do that as well.
So what is Gasol watching?
“I’m watching Fringe,” said Gasol. “I’m in the second season.”
You know “Fringe,” Fox’s attempt to recapture the “X-Files” lightning in a bottle. I’d tell you what I thought of it if I had ever watched an episode.
So what else? “Homeland?” Not yet, not until he has a couple seasons to get through. Then he started soliciting suggestions from Pincus and the media.
“How about Breaking Bad?” asked Gasol, who also noted he’s on the sixth season of “Dexter…”
Gasol doesn’t watch “Modern Family,” missed out on “Arrested Development” but admitted to watching “Two and a Half Men” during the Charlie Sheen era.
Two and a Half Men? Really? Wow. I take back my defense of him in the past. Maybe he is soft. Although since he’s at least watching “Dexter” I’ll let it slide. And I’ll throw in a recommendation for “Boardwalk Empire.”
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 11
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 29
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 44
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31