Oct 24, 2012, 1:19 AM EST
This may not be all that serious, Kirk Hinrich may still be ready to go when the season opens in a week.
But with Derrick Rose already out until after the All-Star break and the Chicago backcourt thin, watching Kirk Hinrich have to leave the floor with a groin injury in the second quarter of Tuesday night’s exhibition had to turn stomachs.
After the game coach Tom Thibodeau did not yet know the severity of the injury and if this could keep Hinrich out until after the start of the season, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
Thibs on Hinrich injury: “I don’t know how serious it is. If he needs time, he’ll get it. If he doesn’t, he’ll play.”
No Hinrich means more Nate Robinson, which is good for the entertainment value but not if you’re into winning games. Robinson is streaky and inconsistent, plus doesn’t defend or distribute as well as Hinrich.
But with two point guards now down due to injury it’s not like the Bulls have a lot of options.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 12
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 29
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10