Oct 24, 2012, 1:19 AM EDT
This may not be all that serious, Kirk Hinrich may still be ready to go when the season opens in a week.
But with Derrick Rose already out until after the All-Star break and the Chicago backcourt thin, watching Kirk Hinrich have to leave the floor with a groin injury in the second quarter of Tuesday night’s exhibition had to turn stomachs.
After the game coach Tom Thibodeau did not yet know the severity of the injury and if this could keep Hinrich out until after the start of the season, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
Thibs on Hinrich injury: “I don’t know how serious it is. If he needs time, he’ll get it. If he doesn’t, he’ll play.”
No Hinrich means more Nate Robinson, which is good for the entertainment value but not if you’re into winning games. Robinson is streaky and inconsistent, plus doesn’t defend or distribute as well as Hinrich.
But with two point guards now down due to injury it’s not like the Bulls have a lot of options.
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15