Oct 24, 2012, 1:19 AM EDT
This may not be all that serious, Kirk Hinrich may still be ready to go when the season opens in a week.
But with Derrick Rose already out until after the All-Star break and the Chicago backcourt thin, watching Kirk Hinrich have to leave the floor with a groin injury in the second quarter of Tuesday night’s exhibition had to turn stomachs.
After the game coach Tom Thibodeau did not yet know the severity of the injury and if this could keep Hinrich out until after the start of the season, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
Thibs on Hinrich injury: “I don’t know how serious it is. If he needs time, he’ll get it. If he doesn’t, he’ll play.”
No Hinrich means more Nate Robinson, which is good for the entertainment value but not if you’re into winning games. Robinson is streaky and inconsistent, plus doesn’t defend or distribute as well as Hinrich.
But with two point guards now down due to injury it’s not like the Bulls have a lot of options.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 10
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15