Oct 24, 2012, 1:19 AM EDT
This may not be all that serious, Kirk Hinrich may still be ready to go when the season opens in a week.
But with Derrick Rose already out until after the All-Star break and the Chicago backcourt thin, watching Kirk Hinrich have to leave the floor with a groin injury in the second quarter of Tuesday night’s exhibition had to turn stomachs.
After the game coach Tom Thibodeau did not yet know the severity of the injury and if this could keep Hinrich out until after the start of the season, according to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
Thibs on Hinrich injury: “I don’t know how serious it is. If he needs time, he’ll get it. If he doesn’t, he’ll play.”
No Hinrich means more Nate Robinson, which is good for the entertainment value but not if you’re into winning games. Robinson is streaky and inconsistent, plus doesn’t defend or distribute as well as Hinrich.
But with two point guards now down due to injury it’s not like the Bulls have a lot of options.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 2
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 12
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 35
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14