Oct 23, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
We think of the NBA Draft as one night, but really it’s the culmination of years of work to get considered, them months and months of workouts and evaluations and the Draft Combine. It’s a lot of work.
This lastest “Licensed to Lillard” video follows Damian Lillard through the process (all the way to being the No. 6 overall pick of the Portland Trail Blazers). What I like about these videos is that while they certainly are marketing and a produced product, they have a raw quality and let you see a little of the real Lillard. And when you do he’s hard not to root for.
I’m still picking Lillard to be the Rookie of the Year. Obviously Anthony Davis is the favorite, and someone like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Harrison Barnes could get into the picture. But I like Lillard.
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 0
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 8
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 11
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 11
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 26
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12