Oct 23, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
We think of the NBA Draft as one night, but really it’s the culmination of years of work to get considered, them months and months of workouts and evaluations and the Draft Combine. It’s a lot of work.
This lastest “Licensed to Lillard” video follows Damian Lillard through the process (all the way to being the No. 6 overall pick of the Portland Trail Blazers). What I like about these videos is that while they certainly are marketing and a produced product, they have a raw quality and let you see a little of the real Lillard. And when you do he’s hard not to root for.
I’m still picking Lillard to be the Rookie of the Year. Obviously Anthony Davis is the favorite, and someone like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Harrison Barnes could get into the picture. But I like Lillard.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 0
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 1
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 5
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 6
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 8
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5