Oct 23, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
We think of the NBA Draft as one night, but really it’s the culmination of years of work to get considered, them months and months of workouts and evaluations and the Draft Combine. It’s a lot of work.
This lastest “Licensed to Lillard” video follows Damian Lillard through the process (all the way to being the No. 6 overall pick of the Portland Trail Blazers). What I like about these videos is that while they certainly are marketing and a produced product, they have a raw quality and let you see a little of the real Lillard. And when you do he’s hard not to root for.
I’m still picking Lillard to be the Rookie of the Year. Obviously Anthony Davis is the favorite, and someone like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Harrison Barnes could get into the picture. But I like Lillard.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 0
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 15
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 77
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19