Oct 23, 2012, 1:40 PM EST
We think of the NBA Draft as one night, but really it’s the culmination of years of work to get considered, them months and months of workouts and evaluations and the Draft Combine. It’s a lot of work.
This lastest “Licensed to Lillard” video follows Damian Lillard through the process (all the way to being the No. 6 overall pick of the Portland Trail Blazers). What I like about these videos is that while they certainly are marketing and a produced product, they have a raw quality and let you see a little of the real Lillard. And when you do he’s hard not to root for.
I’m still picking Lillard to be the Rookie of the Year. Obviously Anthony Davis is the favorite, and someone like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Harrison Barnes could get into the picture. But I like Lillard.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 6
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 14
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)