Video: In case you forgot, DeAndre Jordan knows how to finish

Oct 23, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT

There are a couple of reasons to run this clip. One is the DeAndre Jordan finish which is monster. He was like this all game against the Andrew Bogut-less Warriors, a team that lacks an inside presence and Jordan took advantage.

The other is that Ralph Lawler’s calls are the best.

Jordan has looked good for most of this preseason (well, if you ignore him at the free throw line). The Clippers need him to carry that over into the regular season and the playoffs. Last year Vinny Del Negro benched him for one-dimensional Reggie Evans because he could count on Evans every night. And it was the right call. But the Clippers will need to full Jordan — on both ends of the floor — if they are going to advance beyond last season’s results.

1. spthegr8 - Oct 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM

He can finish with the BEST of them. Their is only 1 problem….. THAT’S ALL HE CAN DO!!!!!!! If you get him 5 feet away from the basket. He is a fish out of water!!!!!!!

• adnan604 - Oct 23, 2012 at 2:55 PM

^ ok, You DOOOO realize you’re basically describing a typical center in the league, as if it’s a bad thing… that’s what centers, it’s what TRUE centers do smarta$$

What kind of basketball knowledge do you possess that makes you think a center is supposed to have other major game outside of the immediate hoop area ? because everybody in every front office of the NBA wishes they had a TRUE center that puts in major work in and around the hoop.
      Not only are true old school centers like that a rarity, but they are highly sought after.
      Because for some reason somewhere along the line idiots like you started thinking hey it would be neat if our center could shoot 3 pointers and do something other than hanging around the hoop.

And funny thing too is, that 5 feet around the hoop is where the Clippers EXACTLY need this guy to operate because they got everything else covered.
      But I could tell that’s just a haterade comment by you, I doubt even casual basketball fans are stupid enough to make comments like that, because by that logic hey we might as well go at Ray Allen for only being a shooter.

2. spthegr8 - Oct 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM

@adnan604
    Listen DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!!!!! Look’s like I touched a nerve. But the truth hurts. Apparently he needs to elevate his game, on the offensive end. Just because that’s what a typical center’s in the league does now day’s, doesn’t mean it isn’t PATHETIC!!!!!! I mean he has no post move’s. The guy can’t finish with his left hand for god’s sake, and he is a PRO BASKETBALL player. The fact that they were benching him in the playoff’s, for Reggie Evan’s. SAY’S IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I played semi-pro ball, for a cpl of years and have been around the game my whole life. I have forgotten more a B-ball then some little comp nerd like you will EVER KNOW!!!!! DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• adnan604 - Oct 24, 2012 at 3:37 AM

you’re an idiot dude, and just further exposed yourself to be a noob… saying he can’t finish with his left hand ? let me guess you see this alley oop and assume he’s right handed just like you assumed he doesn’t do anything else except catch oops…. enough said brah you exposed yourself as a phony

Firstly, DeAndre is actually LEFT HANDED, and secondly the way you abuse that caps lock key, your maturity is suspect son, “You have forgotten more a B-ball” ?? dude, you’re like 15, 16 tops ?
      and lastly… by playing semi pro ball it’s obvious you mean 2K13 on your Playstation

You wanna talk real life, because strangely enough, I actually played a summer league in Europe with some NBA players few years back. One used to play with the Cavs and LeBron back in 05, a backup PG, and the other is a forward for the Brooklyn Nets right now, #33

3. progress2011 - Oct 24, 2012 at 2:27 AM

spthegr8,

I can appreciate your critique of Jordans lack of FUNDAMENTALS. Change the name and your evaluation could very easily apply to Dwight Howard…minus the bad back.

HOWEVER Jordan is :

* He is fortunate to play on a team with one of the “True Point Guards” in the league in CP3.

* So, he won’t have to move much around the basket, or even decide if he should use his right or left hand (if he could use his left) because CP3 will deliver the ball, in a scoring position

* Because of his Height, Weight and sheer overpowering athleticism (many big men are too flat footed with bad knees and backs to be dominant) I believe, Jordan may probably be considered a top 5 big man, by the end of the season.

In my opinion, the combination of Jordan and Blake (because they have CP3) being one of the top big man duo’s in the league. Other than the the howard/ gasol combo, I can’t think of many more potent duo’s of big men, in the game today.

• adnan604 - Oct 24, 2012 at 3:39 AM

why even bother with a civilized reply to this keyboard internet warrior….

I will say though, true centers are hard to come by and I love the Bynums, Jordans, Howards and Hibberts of the League….
      and I’m not a big man, I’m a SG myself, but I appreciate the lost arts of the game, in this case true centers….

4. chrisppers - Oct 24, 2012 at 3:24 AM

I don’t know what some of you guys are talking about, is actually funny that you would point out that he can’t finish with his left hand when as a matter of fact, the guy is ambidextrous.

And as for his post moves, anyone who thinks he didn’t have any is living in the past, this dude put in a crazy amount of work on that over the summer, completely doubling his confidence. If you’ve been watching him at all this preseason, you’d see his game is night and day when compared to last season.
    The only real legit criticism you could have made about him at this point would be his FT shooting… he’s changed his stroke/form due to his new shooting coach… there’s still a chance it may get better as supposedly it he makes 6 to 7 out of 10 in practice and when he did make them in game, the form does look good

5. BigBeachBall - Oct 24, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Dwight howard / pao gasol
    Vs.
    Deandre jordon / blake griffin

End of story.

6. spthegr8 - Oct 24, 2012 at 10:15 AM

@progress2011
    I agree with you 100%. Deandre Jordan has a HUGE UPSIDE. He can jump out of the gym and you could agrue, that he is the most athletic big man in the game.!! Him playing with Cp3( who in my opinion is the best pg in the league) is only gonna help Jordan. I don’t completely agree with you as for the same can be said for Howard. 2 0r 3 years ago D Howard was EXACTLY like Jordan in the aspect that, he could do nothing but dunk. Ever since he went to Houston and spent some time working with “The Dream”. His offensive game has come ALONG way. He has a jump hook now, a little face-up game and can use his left hand. With that being said, Howard still has a LONG way to go before he is a polished scorer in the low post. I think Griffin has the same problem as Jordan. He is SUPER ATHLETIC, but rely’s to much on just dunking on somebody. If Griffin and Jordan put the time in the gym and devlop some low post move’s. The rest of the league is in TROUBLE!!!

7. spthegr8 - Oct 24, 2012 at 10:23 AM

@adnan604
    You attacked me first bruh. I get on here to talk basketball, with ppl who love the game like I do myself. Not to argue with ppl. Just Saying!!!!!!!!!!

The list of championship contenders
Top 10 NBA Player Searches