Oct 23, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
Three weeks of intense conditioning has finally gotten Rasheed Wallace in shape enough to step on a basketball court.
Rasheed Wallace practiced with the Knicks on Tuesday. So tweets Jonah Ballow of Knicks.com.
The Knicks signed Wallace a few weeks back, but to a non-guaranteed contract, in part because of conditioning concerns. After a couple seasons out of the league, he wasn’t exactly in game shape. To put it kindly. But after a few weeks of intensive conditioning he got on the court for practice. It’s a start.
The Knicks have a preseason game on Wednesday night, but I wouldn’t bet on him playing. Not that I want to get in the business of predicting anything related to ‘Sheed, just my sense that usually one practice is a long way from playing in a game.
A guy you might see Wednesday is J.R. Smith, who didn’t travel with the team on a recent road trip after tweaking his Achilles, but he did practice on Tuesday. When the season starts next week the Knicks are counting on him for big minutes, if not as a starter then as the sixth man. They need him back.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record