Oct 23, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Welcome back to our PBT Extra preview tour of the NBA divisions, the next stop is the Southeast division. Which is top-heavy with a Miami Heat team that should be better than last year’s title squad. It’s not just LeBron James‘ newfound maturity or the addition of Ray Allen, it’s that the Heat have figured out who they are. They will go small with Chris Bosh at center, LeBron and the four, they are quick and have the ability to exploit mismatches.
After that it drops off. Atlanta is interesting because with Al Horford and Josh Smith they have one of the best front lines in basketball. But can Jeff Teague get them the rock? It’s rebuilding time in Charlotte and Orlando, meanwhile the Wizards have started that process a while ago and have nice pieces, but they need John Wall to make a big leap this year.
Basically, this is the Heat’s division. Easily.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 74
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32