Oct 23, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
Welcome back to our PBT Extra preview tour of the NBA divisions, the next stop is the Southeast division. Which is top-heavy with a Miami Heat team that should be better than last year’s title squad. It’s not just LeBron James‘ newfound maturity or the addition of Ray Allen, it’s that the Heat have figured out who they are. They will go small with Chris Bosh at center, LeBron and the four, they are quick and have the ability to exploit mismatches.
After that it drops off. Atlanta is interesting because with Al Horford and Josh Smith they have one of the best front lines in basketball. But can Jeff Teague get them the rock? It’s rebuilding time in Charlotte and Orlando, meanwhile the Wizards have started that process a while ago and have nice pieces, but they need John Wall to make a big leap this year.
Basically, this is the Heat’s division. Easily.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 9
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 7
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)