Oct 23, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Welcome back to our PBT Extra preview tour of the NBA divisions, the next stop is the Southeast division. Which is top-heavy with a Miami Heat team that should be better than last year’s title squad. It’s not just LeBron James‘ newfound maturity or the addition of Ray Allen, it’s that the Heat have figured out who they are. They will go small with Chris Bosh at center, LeBron and the four, they are quick and have the ability to exploit mismatches.
After that it drops off. Atlanta is interesting because with Al Horford and Josh Smith they have one of the best front lines in basketball. But can Jeff Teague get them the rock? It’s rebuilding time in Charlotte and Orlando, meanwhile the Wizards have started that process a while ago and have nice pieces, but they need John Wall to make a big leap this year.
Basically, this is the Heat’s division. Easily.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13