Oct 23, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Veteran Cavaliers shooting guard Daniel Gibson is not suiting up for Tuesday night’s preseason game against Indiana and he could be out a little while.
Gibson has been diagnosed with concussion symptoms, the team reports.
That means to get back on the court he has to pass a battery of tests and he has to be cleared by the league neurologist. This is part of a new NBA concussion protocol that was put in place before last season. While concussions are not a problem in the NBA they way they are in football or other contact sports, the NBA wanted to be proactive.
There is no timetable on Gibson’s return. The Cavaliers open the regular season a week from Tuesday, Oct. 30, at home against the Wizards.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70