Video: Roy Hibbert dances Gangnam style at mall

Oct 22, 2012, 11:25 AM EDT

Oh, flash mobs, you will never go out of style.

This is some Pacers fans and dancers breaking into a spontaneous “Gangnam Style” routine, as is prone to happen at shopping centers around the nation. But this one is led by none other than Roy Hibbert.

Hibbert is not only one of the best traditional centers in the game (just ask the Heat), the guy is just out there having fun on television shows, hanging out with celebrities, and just having fun with his status. Good for him. We don’t need more stone cold serious guys.

Hat tip to the Hang Time Blog at NBA.com.

1. franchiseplaya - Oct 22, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I hate to be a sour puss, seeing as how I really enjoyed this and its youthful exuberance, but generally to be a champion you have to leave this stuff behind. Kobe knows this, Lebron learned it too and if Howard can play with more of a chip on his shoulder he might well be on his way as well.

• stayhigh_247 - Oct 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Wrong….Have you ever heard of Shaq, 4 time champion. Everybody cant be Kobe, or MJ. Yeah you need to take your profession serious, but what does dancing in a mall have to do with basketball? I like Hibberts game and I love how the Pacers connect with their fans off and on the court, they do it better any other team in the league with OKC coming in 2nd.
      You need to lighten up dude, Hibbert can be stone faced for the next decade and still not win a ring, a lot of pieces have to fall in place at the right time to win a ring. He’s a young millionaire in the prime of his life, he should be enjoying himself. Barkley, Malone, Ewing all had chips on their shoulders, didnt win them jack…

• franchiseplaya - Oct 22, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Wrong? Sure, I’ve heard of Shaq thats why I said generally. Have you ever heard of Duncan, Garnett, Rasheed, Hakeem Or Bird? All of them LEADERS of CHAMPIONSHIP squads. All of whom I would think wouldn’t be caught dead doiing this, but thats just my opinion. Even Dirk got that chip on his shoulder. Like I said, I enjoyed this, its harmless fun in the vein of D12 planking but there comes a time to put childish things away. You can disagree with me, but to tell me my OPINION on something is WRONG just makes you look ignorant and condescending.

• stayhigh_247 - Oct 23, 2012 at 12:39 AM

okay, so I can disagree with you but I can’t tell you you’re wrong? hmm, doesn’t that contradict itself? chillout man, it was just dancing. You’re acting like he did this during a timeout during the NBA Finals. relax!!!

• nanamarilyn - Oct 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

@ SOURPUSS: Geeze what some people will complain about….let’s be concerned when we hear about the ABUSES done by ‘professional’ sports icons…NOT get all down on them for having a bit of a sense of humor and for having some plain old FUN once in awhile…I think you need a vacation bro…

• metalhead65 - Oct 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM

right the reason the pacers and hibbert have not won a championship is because he has fun and interacts with fans when he can. it would not have anything to do with the fact the pacers are a young team with no true superstar player would it? no it has to be because Roy is active in the community and takes the time to interact with fans. never mind he did not miss any practice or workout time to do it. never mind he works his butt off in the off season training to be one of the best centers out there,the pacers have not won because he dares to be a nice guy. what a sad life you must lead to slam a class act like him. how about getting on his case when he beats his woman gets busted for drugs or multiple dui’s? untill then lay off the guy for being a decent human being instead of a typical spoiled millionaire jerk.

2. zblott - Oct 22, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Is Roy Hibbert slowly replacing Blake Griffin, James Harden, Steve Nash, and Kevin Durant as the coolest player off-the-court?

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches