Oct 22, 2012, 9:01 PM EST
It’s back — PBT Extra has returned just in time to start doing some division previews for the NBA season.
Matt Stroup and I start off our run of previews in the Atlantic, which is as deep a division as there is in the NBA. There are playoff teams and the Raptors are going to be better than people think.
Boston should still be the class of the group — their off-season acquisitions of Jason Terry and Courtney Lee should make them a tough team to beat in the regular season. The Knicks should be good but they have to show they can fit all the pieces together, the Nets will score points but defense is a question, and the Sixers have some good young players that need to take the next step forward this season.
I still think four teams in this division will finish within five games of each other at the end of the season. Health and some lucky breaks will determine who wins and who faces the tougher playoff seedings.
Keep your eyes out, over the next couple of weeks we will preview every division in the NBA on PBT Extra.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9