Oct 22, 2012, 9:53 AM EST
You don’t like LeBron James. You still go into the comments on this blog or talk radio shows and slam him every chance you get. You boo him when he comes to the arena in your town. Your opinion seemed echoed throughout the media.
Two years ago that bothered LeBron. He admitted he didn’t like being the villain and it impacted his game.
But none other than Gregg Popovich says what really became clear last playoffs — LeBron has blocked it all out. From the Miami Herald.
“He’s so good already,” Popovich said. “We all know what his skills are. He’s a great passer, he can rebound, he can defend. But I think, if anything, he is maturing mentally in the sense that he is enjoying playing the game. He doesn’t listen to talking heads anymore — or a lot less than when he first came in the league.”
LeBron pretty much confirmed that.
“Pop knows what he’s talking about. That’s why he’s one of the best to ever coach this game.”
It’s good to see those two have a respectful relationship because they could be the keys to the USA winning another gold medal in the Rio Olympics in four years… but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
As for LeBron, what Popovich said is pretty clearly the case. LeBron has matured and that is allowing him to better take advantage of all those skills he has always had. He’s better now than ever. And that should scare the rest of the league.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12