Oct 22, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
You don’t like LeBron James. You still go into the comments on this blog or talk radio shows and slam him every chance you get. You boo him when he comes to the arena in your town. Your opinion seemed echoed throughout the media.
Two years ago that bothered LeBron. He admitted he didn’t like being the villain and it impacted his game.
But none other than Gregg Popovich says what really became clear last playoffs — LeBron has blocked it all out. From the Miami Herald.
“He’s so good already,” Popovich said. “We all know what his skills are. He’s a great passer, he can rebound, he can defend. But I think, if anything, he is maturing mentally in the sense that he is enjoying playing the game. He doesn’t listen to talking heads anymore — or a lot less than when he first came in the league.”
LeBron pretty much confirmed that.
“Pop knows what he’s talking about. That’s why he’s one of the best to ever coach this game.”
It’s good to see those two have a respectful relationship because they could be the keys to the USA winning another gold medal in the Rio Olympics in four years… but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
As for LeBron, what Popovich said is pretty clearly the case. LeBron has matured and that is allowing him to better take advantage of all those skills he has always had. He’s better now than ever. And that should scare the rest of the league.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5