Oct 22, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
You don’t like LeBron James. You still go into the comments on this blog or talk radio shows and slam him every chance you get. You boo him when he comes to the arena in your town. Your opinion seemed echoed throughout the media.
Two years ago that bothered LeBron. He admitted he didn’t like being the villain and it impacted his game.
But none other than Gregg Popovich says what really became clear last playoffs — LeBron has blocked it all out. From the Miami Herald.
“He’s so good already,” Popovich said. “We all know what his skills are. He’s a great passer, he can rebound, he can defend. But I think, if anything, he is maturing mentally in the sense that he is enjoying playing the game. He doesn’t listen to talking heads anymore — or a lot less than when he first came in the league.”
LeBron pretty much confirmed that.
“Pop knows what he’s talking about. That’s why he’s one of the best to ever coach this game.”
It’s good to see those two have a respectful relationship because they could be the keys to the USA winning another gold medal in the Rio Olympics in four years… but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
As for LeBron, what Popovich said is pretty clearly the case. LeBron has matured and that is allowing him to better take advantage of all those skills he has always had. He’s better now than ever. And that should scare the rest of the league.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 2
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 40
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11