Oct 20, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
The Clippers went for the sure thing this offseason. They want to compete now, so instead of developing young talent or going for upside, they brought in veterans to round out their roster. They wound up with a pretty deep team with a lot of experience. Who are currently all hurt in minor ways.
From the Times:
Odom took a break because of his knees, but Del Negro said, “He’ll be fine.
“Grant is nursing some things, Lamar is nursing some things and Chauncey is picking his spots,” Del Negro said. “We’re a much different team when you add those three guys to our roster. So hopefully we can get them as healthy as possible and as quickly as possible to get some practice time.”
Now none of this are serious. And Billups’ injury was pre-existing. But this is the problem with the approach. If you have depth that has injury concerns, is it really depth? Billups has been busting his backside to get back on the court, though. With Hill, he’s had injury issues everywhere except Phoenix with their technowizards. And Odom’s problems are a whole other deal.
The Clippers should be fine, but it’s not really what you want to hear this early in the season.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 21
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 12
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 17
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months