Oct 20, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
From the Los Angeles Times:
“I’m not going to get into that stuff,” Howard said Friday in a quiet moment before the Lakers last to Sacramento, 103-98, in an exhibition game at Thomas and Mack Center.
“I’m happy that I’m here. This year is very important, and I’m looking forward to doing some great things here.”
Well, that seems reasonable. I mean, it’s not like Dwight Howard spent over a year dominating the news cycle by constantly holding his team in limbo in an attempt to not only get his max contract which he was always going to get but to get it where he wanted to get it. It’s not like he had his coach fired along with his GM and ruined an entire year for his teammates while constantly changing his mind and ceaselessly leaking information to the pres through his people. That doesn’t sound like something Dwight would do.
Look, the only way he gets the most money is if he enters unrestricted free agency this summer (as he should have last summer) and then re-signs for the max with the Lakers. That’s what’s going to happen. But this whole “I don’t want to deal with that noise” just seems really disingenuous.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 8
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 5
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4