Oct 20, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
From the Los Angeles Times:
“I’m not going to get into that stuff,” Howard said Friday in a quiet moment before the Lakers last to Sacramento, 103-98, in an exhibition game at Thomas and Mack Center.
“I’m happy that I’m here. This year is very important, and I’m looking forward to doing some great things here.”
Well, that seems reasonable. I mean, it’s not like Dwight Howard spent over a year dominating the news cycle by constantly holding his team in limbo in an attempt to not only get his max contract which he was always going to get but to get it where he wanted to get it. It’s not like he had his coach fired along with his GM and ruined an entire year for his teammates while constantly changing his mind and ceaselessly leaking information to the pres through his people. That doesn’t sound like something Dwight would do.
Look, the only way he gets the most money is if he enters unrestricted free agency this summer (as he should have last summer) and then re-signs for the max with the Lakers. That’s what’s going to happen. But this whole “I don’t want to deal with that noise” just seems really disingenuous.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6