Oct 19, 2012, 9:41 AM EDT
In “Drive” — the fifth installment of the adidas “The Return series — Derrick Rose talks about his family and their influence on him.
When I was growing up my thing was just changing my mom’s lifestyle. She’s my mom, my father; I can talk to her about anything. She’s like my friend. Our relationship is definitely strong.
Its family first no matter what’s going on, the people that’s going to be with you til’ the end is your family. From looking at me you will never know what I went through because I don’t want you to know. As bad as it was I got through it and that’s why I am the person I am today.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65