Oct 19, 2012, 9:41 AM EST
In “Drive” — the fifth installment of the adidas “The Return series — Derrick Rose talks about his family and their influence on him.
When I was growing up my thing was just changing my mom’s lifestyle. She’s my mom, my father; I can talk to her about anything. She’s like my friend. Our relationship is definitely strong.
Its family first no matter what’s going on, the people that’s going to be with you til’ the end is your family. From looking at me you will never know what I went through because I don’t want you to know. As bad as it was I got through it and that’s why I am the person I am today.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 1
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 21
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (56)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)