Oct 19, 2012, 9:41 AM EDT
In “Drive” — the fifth installment of the adidas “The Return series — Derrick Rose talks about his family and their influence on him.
When I was growing up my thing was just changing my mom’s lifestyle. She’s my mom, my father; I can talk to her about anything. She’s like my friend. Our relationship is definitely strong.
Its family first no matter what’s going on, the people that’s going to be with you til’ the end is your family. From looking at me you will never know what I went through because I don’t want you to know. As bad as it was I got through it and that’s why I am the person I am today.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 2
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10