Oct 19, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
So who do you trust more, Adrian Wojnarowski’s sources or Lakers coach Mike Brown?
Thursday night word leaked out — via Wojnarowski and Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports — that the Lakers planned to play Dwight Howard for the first time on Sunday night, in a home preseason game against the Kings.
Friday Brown tried to throw a little cold water on that rumor. Via Mark Medina at the Daily News:
“If he practices tomorrow and our medical people at the end of practice say he can play, he’s going to play,” Brown said following the Lakers’ shootaround Friday at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, where they will play the Sacramento Kings tonight in their fifth preseason game. “People keep asking me and that’s the answer that I’ve given. But people have taken that answer and assume Dwight’s playing. The funny thing about it is people that are printing that, there is a chance he may not play Sunday.”
For a week now Howard has gone full out in 5-on-5 scrimmages in practice and reports have been positive, my guess is he’ll be fine and play. Brown is saying what coaches have been trained to say to cover their… you get the idea.
Before all this leaked, Howard said he would be nervous before his first game.
“Like I told Steve (Nash), I think I’ll be a little nervous out there for the first time,” Howard said of his first game after he was acquired from the Orlando Magic on Aug. 10. “But he said he would help me through it and, hopefully, it will be OK….
“New town, new city, I think everybody is expecting a lot out of his team and they’re expecting a lot out of me,” Howard said. “So, I have to make sure I keep all of that out of my mind when I’m playing and just have fun.”
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 3
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12