Oct 19, 2012, 7:48 AM EDT
The Atlanta Hawks are counting on Jeff Teague to make a big leap forward this season, to be more consistently aggressive and a leader. They want to run more and he is at the heart of the plans.
But he can’t make that leap if his ankle is not right.
Teague left the Hawks game in the third quarter with a sprained ankle and did not return. After the game coach Larry Drew said he did not yet have an update on Teague, who needed to be evaluated, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
If the Hawks are going to be without Teague for a little while, they have Devin Hester on the roster but in the preseason have used him to start at the two guard spot, and he looked comfortable there on Thursday night (5-of-8 shooting Thursday).
This may not be anything serious, but the Hawks don’t want it to be something that lingers once the season starts in a couple weeks. They need Teague, they need him healthy and they need him to push the tempo and attack.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 17
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona