Oct 19, 2012, 7:48 AM EST
The Atlanta Hawks are counting on Jeff Teague to make a big leap forward this season, to be more consistently aggressive and a leader. They want to run more and he is at the heart of the plans.
But he can’t make that leap if his ankle is not right.
Teague left the Hawks game in the third quarter with a sprained ankle and did not return. After the game coach Larry Drew said he did not yet have an update on Teague, who needed to be evaluated, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
If the Hawks are going to be without Teague for a little while, they have Devin Hester on the roster but in the preseason have used him to start at the two guard spot, and he looked comfortable there on Thursday night (5-of-8 shooting Thursday).
This may not be anything serious, but the Hawks don’t want it to be something that lingers once the season starts in a couple weeks. They need Teague, they need him healthy and they need him to push the tempo and attack.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8