Oct 19, 2012, 7:48 AM EDT
The Atlanta Hawks are counting on Jeff Teague to make a big leap forward this season, to be more consistently aggressive and a leader. They want to run more and he is at the heart of the plans.
But he can’t make that leap if his ankle is not right.
Teague left the Hawks game in the third quarter with a sprained ankle and did not return. After the game coach Larry Drew said he did not yet have an update on Teague, who needed to be evaluated, reports the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
If the Hawks are going to be without Teague for a little while, they have Devin Hester on the roster but in the preseason have used him to start at the two guard spot, and he looked comfortable there on Thursday night (5-of-8 shooting Thursday).
This may not be anything serious, but the Hawks don’t want it to be something that lingers once the season starts in a couple weeks. They need Teague, they need him healthy and they need him to push the tempo and attack.
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 0
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 42
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60