Oct 19, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Wizards center Nene continues to battle plantar fasciitis and there is no timetable for his return. The Wizards need him defensively.
• James Harden is also sitting out the Thunder’s Friday night game.
• Corey Maggette was seen limping around the Pistons facilities Friday with a sore calf. I know, stunning that Maggette is injured.
• Natalie Nakase is a video intern, cutting film for the players and coaches of the Los Angeles Clippers — she’s the only woman doing that job in the NBA. (By the way, cutting film is just not an accurate description anymore, is it?) She has much grander aspirations. Check out this great story on her at ESPN.
• We’ve talked about this before, but you really should read the Q&A on the Lakers site with Chris Douglas-Roberts. Great stuff, like him talking about playing in Italy last year: “I’d just never have known how great it is to play in the NBA. I learned so many life lessons over there.”
• Here’s an interesting interview with John Wooden assistant coach Jerry Norman.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31