Oct 19, 2012, 7:33 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Wizards center Nene continues to battle plantar fasciitis and there is no timetable for his return. The Wizards need him defensively.
• James Harden is also sitting out the Thunder’s Friday night game.
• Corey Maggette was seen limping around the Pistons facilities Friday with a sore calf. I know, stunning that Maggette is injured.
• Natalie Nakase is a video intern, cutting film for the players and coaches of the Los Angeles Clippers — she’s the only woman doing that job in the NBA. (By the way, cutting film is just not an accurate description anymore, is it?) She has much grander aspirations. Check out this great story on her at ESPN.
• We’ve talked about this before, but you really should read the Q&A on the Lakers site with Chris Douglas-Roberts. Great stuff, like him talking about playing in Italy last year: “I’d just never have known how great it is to play in the NBA. I learned so many life lessons over there.”
• Here’s an interesting interview with John Wooden assistant coach Jerry Norman.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 21
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3