Oct 19, 2012, 7:33 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Wizards center Nene continues to battle plantar fasciitis and there is no timetable for his return. The Wizards need him defensively.
• James Harden is also sitting out the Thunder’s Friday night game.
• Corey Maggette was seen limping around the Pistons facilities Friday with a sore calf. I know, stunning that Maggette is injured.
• Natalie Nakase is a video intern, cutting film for the players and coaches of the Los Angeles Clippers — she’s the only woman doing that job in the NBA. (By the way, cutting film is just not an accurate description anymore, is it?) She has much grander aspirations. Check out this great story on her at ESPN.
• We’ve talked about this before, but you really should read the Q&A on the Lakers site with Chris Douglas-Roberts. Great stuff, like him talking about playing in Italy last year: “I’d just never have known how great it is to play in the NBA. I learned so many life lessons over there.”
• Here’s an interesting interview with John Wooden assistant coach Jerry Norman.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 13
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 3
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 25
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 27
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25