Oct 19, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Wizards center Nene continues to battle plantar fasciitis and there is no timetable for his return. The Wizards need him defensively.
• James Harden is also sitting out the Thunder’s Friday night game.
• Corey Maggette was seen limping around the Pistons facilities Friday with a sore calf. I know, stunning that Maggette is injured.
• Natalie Nakase is a video intern, cutting film for the players and coaches of the Los Angeles Clippers — she’s the only woman doing that job in the NBA. (By the way, cutting film is just not an accurate description anymore, is it?) She has much grander aspirations. Check out this great story on her at ESPN.
• We’ve talked about this before, but you really should read the Q&A on the Lakers site with Chris Douglas-Roberts. Great stuff, like him talking about playing in Italy last year: “I’d just never have known how great it is to play in the NBA. I learned so many life lessons over there.”
• Here’s an interesting interview with John Wooden assistant coach Jerry Norman.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 12
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 23
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 11
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 13
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26