Oct 19, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Wizards center Nene continues to battle plantar fasciitis and there is no timetable for his return. The Wizards need him defensively.
• James Harden is also sitting out the Thunder’s Friday night game.
• Corey Maggette was seen limping around the Pistons facilities Friday with a sore calf. I know, stunning that Maggette is injured.
• Natalie Nakase is a video intern, cutting film for the players and coaches of the Los Angeles Clippers — she’s the only woman doing that job in the NBA. (By the way, cutting film is just not an accurate description anymore, is it?) She has much grander aspirations. Check out this great story on her at ESPN.
• We’ve talked about this before, but you really should read the Q&A on the Lakers site with Chris Douglas-Roberts. Great stuff, like him talking about playing in Italy last year: “I’d just never have known how great it is to play in the NBA. I learned so many life lessons over there.”
• Here’s an interesting interview with John Wooden assistant coach Jerry Norman.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49