Oct 19, 2012, 11:52 PM EST
Oh, please don’t let this be serious.
Golden State guard Stephen Curry left during the second quarter of Friday night’s preseason game against Portland when he rolled and sprained his surgically repaired right ankle. The ankle he has had multiple surgeries on, the one that limited him to 26 games last season.
We don’t have a lot of details but the early signs are positive. The Warriors did say he could have returned but is being kept out of the game for precautionary reasons. They said no MRI is scheduled. All good news.
But this still is a little unsettling. Curry has looked fantastic in the preseason for Golden State and if they are going to make a run to the playoffs they are going to need him and Andrew Bogut (who may not be ready to go opening night) for 70 games each.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10