Oct 19, 2012, 11:52 PM EST
Oh, please don’t let this be serious.
Golden State guard Stephen Curry left during the second quarter of Friday night’s preseason game against Portland when he rolled and sprained his surgically repaired right ankle. The ankle he has had multiple surgeries on, the one that limited him to 26 games last season.
We don’t have a lot of details but the early signs are positive. The Warriors did say he could have returned but is being kept out of the game for precautionary reasons. They said no MRI is scheduled. All good news.
But this still is a little unsettling. Curry has looked fantastic in the preseason for Golden State and if they are going to make a run to the playoffs they are going to need him and Andrew Bogut (who may not be ready to go opening night) for 70 games each.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 6
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 11
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 22
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 40
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5