Oct 19, 2012, 11:52 PM EDT
Oh, please don’t let this be serious.
Golden State guard Stephen Curry left during the second quarter of Friday night’s preseason game against Portland when he rolled and sprained his surgically repaired right ankle. The ankle he has had multiple surgeries on, the one that limited him to 26 games last season.
We don’t have a lot of details but the early signs are positive. The Warriors did say he could have returned but is being kept out of the game for precautionary reasons. They said no MRI is scheduled. All good news.
But this still is a little unsettling. Curry has looked fantastic in the preseason for Golden State and if they are going to make a run to the playoffs they are going to need him and Andrew Bogut (who may not be ready to go opening night) for 70 games each.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19