Oct 19, 2012, 11:52 PM EDT
Oh, please don’t let this be serious.
Golden State guard Stephen Curry left during the second quarter of Friday night’s preseason game against Portland when he rolled and sprained his surgically repaired right ankle. The ankle he has had multiple surgeries on, the one that limited him to 26 games last season.
We don’t have a lot of details but the early signs are positive. The Warriors did say he could have returned but is being kept out of the game for precautionary reasons. They said no MRI is scheduled. All good news.
But this still is a little unsettling. Curry has looked fantastic in the preseason for Golden State and if they are going to make a run to the playoffs they are going to need him and Andrew Bogut (who may not be ready to go opening night) for 70 games each.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15