Oct 19, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
Neither one is likely all that serious, and this year’s Celtics have the depth to deal with these kind of things better that past squads, but still this is not ideal.
Pierce injured himself in the second quarter when he took a three-point jump shot and came down on the foot of Gerald Wallace, rolling Pierce’s ankle. He went to the locker room but came out and played in the third quarter, scoring seven points. However, as ankles tend to do, things felt worse when his body cooled down, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
Although Pierce still had a noticeable limp as he left the C’s locker room following the win, Rivers isn’t sure how serious his injury is.
“He tweaked his ankle, or he thought we were going to practice tomorrow,” quipped Rivers. “It’s one of the two, I’m not sure yet. But I think he tweaked his ankle. But I am suspicious.”
While Rivers was lighthearted about Pierce, he didn’t have any information on Bass, who tweaked the same knee he injured and missed games with last season just before the All-Star break. Bass injured his knee in the second quarter but did not return to the game.
Rivers had said he planned to rest some players the last couple preseason games. Smart money is on Pierce and Bass right now. So expect a lot of Jared Sullinger at the four and Courtney Lee at the three.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 10
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25