Oct 18, 2012, 8:42 AM EDT
That is Blazers rookie center Meyers Leonard showing he has hops and can finish around the rim. He’s going to get the chance to prove himself, he’s going to get the run this season. Hopefully we see more of that — now that’s how you close the sale.
The “flex” celebration afterwards… not so impressive.
“We’ve seen him catch crazy alley-oops in practice and do those kinds of plays all the time,” Aldridge told Blazersedge. “I think his celebration was more surprising than the actual dunk. It was like the Hulk Hogan, Karate Kid flex. I don’t know what that is. That was the first time for that one.”
“I don’t want to see that ever again,” Aldridge continued, laughing at the mental image and repeating himself for emphasis. “Ever again.”
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24