Oct 18, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
The Washington Wizards were in Toronto last night — and so was Jon Bon Jovi.
The New Jersey rocker was at the Air Canada Centre and that means those attending the Raptors preseason win were subjected to a lot of blaring Bon Jovi music — “Livin’ on a Prayer,” “You give love a bad name,” It’s my life,” all of it — and they put Bon Jovi’s face on the big screen so Canadians could applaud then turn to their friends and say “Rush is still way better.”
Wall was simply being polite, because after the game, Wall was asked about Bon Jovi and he replied, “Who’s that?”
Jan Vesely, the Czech forward getting dressed nearby, was stunned as he looked at Wall.
“No. You don’t know him?” Vesely said. Emeka Okafor, seated in an adjacent locker room stall, shook his head and laughed.
Wall smiled and said, “I’m a 90s baby. I never heard of him.”
As I said on twitter, I see Wall not knowing who Bon Jovi is as a sign of progress in our society. Not that knowing the “dougie” or a host of hip-hop artists is a whole lot better, but small steps. Progress is made in small steps.
I’m no 90s baby, I know who Bon Jovi is. And if there was a way to unknow that, you know I would. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 2
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 12
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25