Oct 18, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
The Washington Wizards were in Toronto last night — and so was Jon Bon Jovi.
The New Jersey rocker was at the Air Canada Centre and that means those attending the Raptors preseason win were subjected to a lot of blaring Bon Jovi music — “Livin’ on a Prayer,” “You give love a bad name,” It’s my life,” all of it — and they put Bon Jovi’s face on the big screen so Canadians could applaud then turn to their friends and say “Rush is still way better.”
Wall was simply being polite, because after the game, Wall was asked about Bon Jovi and he replied, “Who’s that?”
Jan Vesely, the Czech forward getting dressed nearby, was stunned as he looked at Wall.
“No. You don’t know him?” Vesely said. Emeka Okafor, seated in an adjacent locker room stall, shook his head and laughed.
Wall smiled and said, “I’m a 90s baby. I never heard of him.”
As I said on twitter, I see Wall not knowing who Bon Jovi is as a sign of progress in our society. Not that knowing the “dougie” or a host of hip-hop artists is a whole lot better, but small steps. Progress is made in small steps.
I’m no 90s baby, I know who Bon Jovi is. And if there was a way to unknow that, you know I would. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 12
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 17
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 26
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful