Oct 18, 2012, 11:58 AM EST
The Washington Wizards were in Toronto last night — and so was Jon Bon Jovi.
The New Jersey rocker was at the Air Canada Centre and that means those attending the Raptors preseason win were subjected to a lot of blaring Bon Jovi music — “Livin’ on a Prayer,” “You give love a bad name,” It’s my life,” all of it — and they put Bon Jovi’s face on the big screen so Canadians could applaud then turn to their friends and say “Rush is still way better.”
Wall was simply being polite, because after the game, Wall was asked about Bon Jovi and he replied, “Who’s that?”
Jan Vesely, the Czech forward getting dressed nearby, was stunned as he looked at Wall.
“No. You don’t know him?” Vesely said. Emeka Okafor, seated in an adjacent locker room stall, shook his head and laughed.
Wall smiled and said, “I’m a 90s baby. I never heard of him.”
As I said on twitter, I see Wall not knowing who Bon Jovi is as a sign of progress in our society. Not that knowing the “dougie” or a host of hip-hop artists is a whole lot better, but small steps. Progress is made in small steps.
I’m no 90s baby, I know who Bon Jovi is. And if there was a way to unknow that, you know I would. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5