Oct 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
The NBA is a bottom line business. As in it’s all about the money. The lockout made that painfully obvious.
But winning can help the bottom line, plus it’s just more fun than losing.
Mark Cuban gets the bottom line, but for him that includes winning. He has spent wildly in the past to try and do it, he has used advanced metrics, whatever might give him an advantage. And if something works, he’s not changing it.
“I’ll tell you exactly what I told them,’’ Cuban said before Wednesday’s game against the Phoenix Suns. “The best situation is everybody kills it, and they’re all back.
“Then, I don’t have to deal with all the idiot questions over the summer and we’ve got a great team to build on. That’s what I want.’’
My guess, you are going to se a wildly different Mavs roster next season.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 37
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 46
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 10
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11