Oct 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
The NBA is a bottom line business. As in it’s all about the money. The lockout made that painfully obvious.
But winning can help the bottom line, plus it’s just more fun than losing.
Mark Cuban gets the bottom line, but for him that includes winning. He has spent wildly in the past to try and do it, he has used advanced metrics, whatever might give him an advantage. And if something works, he’s not changing it.
“I’ll tell you exactly what I told them,’’ Cuban said before Wednesday’s game against the Phoenix Suns. “The best situation is everybody kills it, and they’re all back.
“Then, I don’t have to deal with all the idiot questions over the summer and we’ve got a great team to build on. That’s what I want.’’
My guess, you are going to se a wildly different Mavs roster next season.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11