Oct 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
The NBA is a bottom line business. As in it’s all about the money. The lockout made that painfully obvious.
But winning can help the bottom line, plus it’s just more fun than losing.
Mark Cuban gets the bottom line, but for him that includes winning. He has spent wildly in the past to try and do it, he has used advanced metrics, whatever might give him an advantage. And if something works, he’s not changing it.
“I’ll tell you exactly what I told them,’’ Cuban said before Wednesday’s game against the Phoenix Suns. “The best situation is everybody kills it, and they’re all back.
“Then, I don’t have to deal with all the idiot questions over the summer and we’ve got a great team to build on. That’s what I want.’’
My guess, you are going to se a wildly different Mavs roster next season.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 32
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 65
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19