Oct 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
The NBA is a bottom line business. As in it’s all about the money. The lockout made that painfully obvious.
But winning can help the bottom line, plus it’s just more fun than losing.
Mark Cuban gets the bottom line, but for him that includes winning. He has spent wildly in the past to try and do it, he has used advanced metrics, whatever might give him an advantage. And if something works, he’s not changing it.
“I’ll tell you exactly what I told them,’’ Cuban said before Wednesday’s game against the Phoenix Suns. “The best situation is everybody kills it, and they’re all back.
“Then, I don’t have to deal with all the idiot questions over the summer and we’ve got a great team to build on. That’s what I want.’’
My guess, you are going to se a wildly different Mavs roster next season.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17