Oct 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
The NBA is a bottom line business. As in it’s all about the money. The lockout made that painfully obvious.
But winning can help the bottom line, plus it’s just more fun than losing.
Mark Cuban gets the bottom line, but for him that includes winning. He has spent wildly in the past to try and do it, he has used advanced metrics, whatever might give him an advantage. And if something works, he’s not changing it.
“I’ll tell you exactly what I told them,’’ Cuban said before Wednesday’s game against the Phoenix Suns. “The best situation is everybody kills it, and they’re all back.
“Then, I don’t have to deal with all the idiot questions over the summer and we’ve got a great team to build on. That’s what I want.’’
My guess, you are going to se a wildly different Mavs roster next season.
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 14
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 5
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 12
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 10
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52