Oct 17, 2012, 5:09 PM EDT
In three years, we may look back and say Perry Jones III was the steal of the 2012 draft.
Nobody questioned his physical gifts, but plenty of scouts questioned his desire, toughness and basketball IQ. If you watched his games at Baylor you saw flashes of what he can do physically — like the dunk above on Tyrus Thomas — but that was far from consistent.
Oklahoma City was the perfect place for him to land in the draft — a young but very professional locker room. A deep team. Screw around and they will call you on it, plus you will not see the court. We’ll see what happens, but in a couple of years we could see a lot more of this from Jones.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48