Oct 17, 2012, 5:09 PM EDT
In three years, we may look back and say Perry Jones III was the steal of the 2012 draft.
Nobody questioned his physical gifts, but plenty of scouts questioned his desire, toughness and basketball IQ. If you watched his games at Baylor you saw flashes of what he can do physically — like the dunk above on Tyrus Thomas — but that was far from consistent.
Oklahoma City was the perfect place for him to land in the draft — a young but very professional locker room. A deep team. Screw around and they will call you on it, plus you will not see the court. We’ll see what happens, but in a couple of years we could see a lot more of this from Jones.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 36
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 28
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3