Oct 17, 2012, 5:09 PM EST
In three years, we may look back and say Perry Jones III was the steal of the 2012 draft.
Nobody questioned his physical gifts, but plenty of scouts questioned his desire, toughness and basketball IQ. If you watched his games at Baylor you saw flashes of what he can do physically — like the dunk above on Tyrus Thomas — but that was far from consistent.
Oklahoma City was the perfect place for him to land in the draft — a young but very professional locker room. A deep team. Screw around and they will call you on it, plus you will not see the court. We’ll see what happens, but in a couple of years we could see a lot more of this from Jones.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 10
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29