Oct 17, 2012, 5:09 PM EST
In three years, we may look back and say Perry Jones III was the steal of the 2012 draft.
Nobody questioned his physical gifts, but plenty of scouts questioned his desire, toughness and basketball IQ. If you watched his games at Baylor you saw flashes of what he can do physically — like the dunk above on Tyrus Thomas — but that was far from consistent.
Oklahoma City was the perfect place for him to land in the draft — a young but very professional locker room. A deep team. Screw around and they will call you on it, plus you will not see the court. We’ll see what happens, but in a couple of years we could see a lot more of this from Jones.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1