Oct 17, 2012, 5:09 PM EDT
In three years, we may look back and say Perry Jones III was the steal of the 2012 draft.
Nobody questioned his physical gifts, but plenty of scouts questioned his desire, toughness and basketball IQ. If you watched his games at Baylor you saw flashes of what he can do physically — like the dunk above on Tyrus Thomas — but that was far from consistent.
Oklahoma City was the perfect place for him to land in the draft — a young but very professional locker room. A deep team. Screw around and they will call you on it, plus you will not see the court. We’ll see what happens, but in a couple of years we could see a lot more of this from Jones.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 1
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15