Oct 17, 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
So now we can get back to worrying about Dirk Nowitzki’s knee.
After Delonte West met with head coach Rick Carlisle and GM Donnie Nelson on Tuesday night, the team lifted his suspension, Nelson told the media according to multiple reprots. Consider it a one-game suspension.
West was suspended following a locker room outburst after the Mavericks Monday night preseason win over the Rockets. The official reason for the suspension was “conduct detrimental to the team.” The exact reason for the outburst is unknown. West has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and takes medication for it, and these kinds of incidents have happened before.
West has been a solid role player for Dallas, averaging 9.6 points and 3.2 assists per game last year, and with the roster shakeups in Dallas they are going to need that kind of production from him again.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 32
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 15
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23