Oct 17, 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
So now we can get back to worrying about Dirk Nowitzki’s knee.
After Delonte West met with head coach Rick Carlisle and GM Donnie Nelson on Tuesday night, the team lifted his suspension, Nelson told the media according to multiple reprots. Consider it a one-game suspension.
West was suspended following a locker room outburst after the Mavericks Monday night preseason win over the Rockets. The official reason for the suspension was “conduct detrimental to the team.” The exact reason for the outburst is unknown. West has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and takes medication for it, and these kinds of incidents have happened before.
West has been a solid role player for Dallas, averaging 9.6 points and 3.2 assists per game last year, and with the roster shakeups in Dallas they are going to need that kind of production from him again.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 0
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8