Oct 17, 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
So now we can get back to worrying about Dirk Nowitzki’s knee.
After Delonte West met with head coach Rick Carlisle and GM Donnie Nelson on Tuesday night, the team lifted his suspension, Nelson told the media according to multiple reprots. Consider it a one-game suspension.
West was suspended following a locker room outburst after the Mavericks Monday night preseason win over the Rockets. The official reason for the suspension was “conduct detrimental to the team.” The exact reason for the outburst is unknown. West has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and takes medication for it, and these kinds of incidents have happened before.
West has been a solid role player for Dallas, averaging 9.6 points and 3.2 assists per game last year, and with the roster shakeups in Dallas they are going to need that kind of production from him again.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11