Oct 17, 2012, 9:26 AM EST
So now we can get back to worrying about Dirk Nowitzki’s knee.
After Delonte West met with head coach Rick Carlisle and GM Donnie Nelson on Tuesday night, the team lifted his suspension, Nelson told the media according to multiple reprots. Consider it a one-game suspension.
West was suspended following a locker room outburst after the Mavericks Monday night preseason win over the Rockets. The official reason for the suspension was “conduct detrimental to the team.” The exact reason for the outburst is unknown. West has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and takes medication for it, and these kinds of incidents have happened before.
West has been a solid role player for Dallas, averaging 9.6 points and 3.2 assists per game last year, and with the roster shakeups in Dallas they are going to need that kind of production from him again.
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 4
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 47
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 16
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8