Oct 17, 2012, 9:26 AM EST
So now we can get back to worrying about Dirk Nowitzki’s knee.
After Delonte West met with head coach Rick Carlisle and GM Donnie Nelson on Tuesday night, the team lifted his suspension, Nelson told the media according to multiple reprots. Consider it a one-game suspension.
West was suspended following a locker room outburst after the Mavericks Monday night preseason win over the Rockets. The official reason for the suspension was “conduct detrimental to the team.” The exact reason for the outburst is unknown. West has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and takes medication for it, and these kinds of incidents have happened before.
West has been a solid role player for Dallas, averaging 9.6 points and 3.2 assists per game last year, and with the roster shakeups in Dallas they are going to need that kind of production from him again.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 0
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 26
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29