Oct 17, 2012, 4:21 PM EST
That sound you hear is the Timberwolves playoff chances flushing away….
Kevin Love broke his hand working out at his condo building prior to the Timberwolves practice on Wednesday and is out six to eight weeks, tweets Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune. That would have Love back around Thanksgiving or a couple weeks later, but that could change depending upon what the New York hand specialist he is going to see says.
Love broke the 3rd and 4th metacarpal in his right (shooting) hand
— Jerry Zgoda(@JerryZgoda) October 17, 2012
In case you forgot, Love is one of the best fours in the game — he averaged 26 points and 13.3 rebounds a game last season for Minnesota, and was a member of the USA’s gold medal winning Olympic team in London this summer. He is the anchor of the Timberwolves on the court and the face of the franchise off it. So yes, they’re going to miss him.
With Ricky Rubio also out likely to around Christmas, injuries are really going to really hurt the Timberwolves playoff chances in a deep Western Conference. They are going to need Derrick Williams to step up big and have Andrei Kirilenko play at a near All-Star level to have any shot at the playoffs.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson swap 0
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 13
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36