Oct 17, 2012, 10:16 PM EDT
What is a good shot?
One that is not contested. Statistically, the highest value shots are dunks/layups followed by corner threes. A good shot is a player getting tho his comfort spots on the floor — Tim Duncan with the 15-foot wing bank, Kobe Bryant from the elbow.
“It really comes down to if I make the shot, it’s a good shot,” Crawford said. “You know, you gotta be aggressive, regardless of what people are saying, how it is. You still gotta do you.”
“You still gotta do you” is my new mantra.
Crawford has put his definition to the test and been a gunner this preseason, which in theory is something the Wizards need until they get John Wall back. Except Crawford isn’t very efficient at it — he took 13.9 shots per game last season but shot 40 percent overall and 28 percent from three. Volume shooters who miss a lot end up on the bench. Or worse.
Especially when Bradley Beal is right behind them, waiting for minutes. Crawford is fighting for his job but this is not something he can shoot his way out of — unless he starts taking better shots. Either by his definition (he makes a lot more) or the coach’s (you know, actually good shots).
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11