Oct 17, 2012, 10:16 PM EST
What is a good shot?
One that is not contested. Statistically, the highest value shots are dunks/layups followed by corner threes. A good shot is a player getting tho his comfort spots on the floor — Tim Duncan with the 15-foot wing bank, Kobe Bryant from the elbow.
“It really comes down to if I make the shot, it’s a good shot,” Crawford said. “You know, you gotta be aggressive, regardless of what people are saying, how it is. You still gotta do you.”
“You still gotta do you” is my new mantra.
Crawford has put his definition to the test and been a gunner this preseason, which in theory is something the Wizards need until they get John Wall back. Except Crawford isn’t very efficient at it — he took 13.9 shots per game last season but shot 40 percent overall and 28 percent from three. Volume shooters who miss a lot end up on the bench. Or worse.
Especially when Bradley Beal is right behind them, waiting for minutes. Crawford is fighting for his job but this is not something he can shoot his way out of — unless he starts taking better shots. Either by his definition (he makes a lot more) or the coach’s (you know, actually good shots).
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 0
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 32
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6