Oct 17, 2012, 10:16 PM EDT
What is a good shot?
One that is not contested. Statistically, the highest value shots are dunks/layups followed by corner threes. A good shot is a player getting tho his comfort spots on the floor — Tim Duncan with the 15-foot wing bank, Kobe Bryant from the elbow.
“It really comes down to if I make the shot, it’s a good shot,” Crawford said. “You know, you gotta be aggressive, regardless of what people are saying, how it is. You still gotta do you.”
“You still gotta do you” is my new mantra.
Crawford has put his definition to the test and been a gunner this preseason, which in theory is something the Wizards need until they get John Wall back. Except Crawford isn’t very efficient at it — he took 13.9 shots per game last season but shot 40 percent overall and 28 percent from three. Volume shooters who miss a lot end up on the bench. Or worse.
Especially when Bradley Beal is right behind them, waiting for minutes. Crawford is fighting for his job but this is not something he can shoot his way out of — unless he starts taking better shots. Either by his definition (he makes a lot more) or the coach’s (you know, actually good shots).
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 0
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 35
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 23
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay