Oct 16, 2012, 10:07 AM EST
Things are never dull around Delonte West.
The Dallas Mavericks suspended West from Monday night’s game for “conduct detrimental to the team.” What does that mean? Some kind of outburst, reports ESPNDallas.com.
Sources told ESPNDallas.com that West’s suspension stems at least in part from an outburst in the locker room after the Mavs’ 123-104 preseason win Monday over the Houston Rockets. He had 2 points, 2 assists and 1 rebound in 16 minutes during the win.
West tweeted later Monday: “Sorry moma…” and “I showed off on ur birthday again…”
Coach Rick Carlisle did not provide a timetable for West’s return.
We don’t know what sparked the outburst. We should remind everyone that West suffers from a bipolar disorder, although what, if any, role that played is unclear.
He played a pretty big role for the Mavericks off the bench last season, giving them 9.6 points and 3.2 assists per game with a PER right at the league average of 15.3. They will need that and more from him this year on a team with a smaller margin for error.
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 0
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 8